Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Water in the food wells of a 99 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 10:53 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in the food wells of a 99 Camaro

I have an 99 SS Camaro, it was parked in my driveway last week when it was raining 2 or 3 days, and I wasn't driving it. I went out yesterday to drive it and both the front and rear foot well had standing water it them as well as under the rear bottom seat cushions. The driveway has a slight slope to it and the car was parked with the front higher than the rear.

I found about an inch of water in the drivers side well. The passenger side had about the same amount, but the back wells had mayby an inch and a half.

I used towels to soak up the water and then vacuumed the carpet, at this time I didn't realize that there was water under the rear seat cushions.

The problem I have is I can't find any place in the car that looks like it could have let the water in. When I opened the back hatch, there is a light coating of dust all round the gasket with no sign of water, the same with the door seals on both doors. I took off the T-Tops and there is also a light coating of dust all round these gaskets. I felt up under the dash and can't find any trace of water.

Anyone have an idea where this water might have come from?
Old 01-13-2008, 11:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

turn the car on with the ac on full blast front center vent, have both windows up and shut the doors, get a spraw bottle with car soap in it and start spraying at all the window seams, and trunk seams, the escaping air inside the car will blow through your water leak spot and create bubbles. there are some spots on cars that naturaly leak air out whisch wont cause a water leak, like the door handle area, pay no mind to that.

hope it works out for you
Old 01-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

You need to clean out the drains. Put the top down halfway and look in the well behind the rear speaker. At the bottom is a drain and it's probably clogged with leaves.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:45 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has the same problem in his SS!!! Rear seats especially...i even sat in for 30 mins while he sprayed it with a hose, everywhere, to look for a leak.

We couldn't find anything, so he just took the seats out...cuz a roll cage would look better anyways lol
But to LS1Z28, saying to check the drains....is that only on convertables?? And are you talking about the ones on the rear quarter panels where it meets the trunk?? Cause those WERE NOT clogged
Old 01-26-2008, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My bad I miss read the post and thought you had a convertible. Cleaning the drains only applies to convertibles.

Quick Reply: Water in the food wells of a 99 Camaro