Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Greetings and pics of my 97...

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2008, 07:56 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greetings and pics of my 97...

Ive been lurking here on and off, so i finally decided to register. Im on FastLSX as well....and no my camaro is not stolen, its from a song

What i got...

97 Z28 LT1 6spd, Cayenne Red (which is very similar to the Sunset orange metallic with more of a red hint to it) bought in August 2006 and came with (and still has) :
- 150k on car, ~50k on Jasper LT1
- moroso cai, 02 SS muffler
- 17x9 SS/ZR1 wheels on all 4s
- SS Eibach/bilstein suspension + SLP subframe connectors

what i did under my ownership:
- SS hood and spoiler along with entire repaint of front end with hood scoop stripes
- Spohn tubular rear LCAs

Despite having ~137k miles when i bought it, it was mostly highway miles and the car overall was in great shape. The highway driving showed in the many chips in the front end, meanwhile the original paint toward the back of the car was mint; choosing which area plan of modding to focus on first (full exhaust vs rear end vs body vs etc..) i decided to get the body done first. I got the fiberglass SS hood and 96/97 SS spoiler, had my local body shop take care of all the paint work, they blended the entire front end (and did a great job at that) into the doors, leaving the rear half with the remaining OEM paint. I wanted to give the look a little of a kick, but didnt want something as bold as the 30th anniv stripes, so i drew out my own stripes on paper and then laid down the lines to make the black scoop stripes which youll see below

When i bought it

After body/paint work and what it looks like now

and for the heck of it, the maxima, my first car that i still have and use as a DD
Old 01-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice job on the hood and paint.Looks good.
Old 01-15-2008, 06:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice lookin car