Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nitrous and tuning

Old 07-05-2003, 12:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nitrous and tuning

Ok, sine i have an auto and plan on sprayin i was also planin on gettin a tuning device (HTTP, Predator) to reaise shift points also. But from what i know you dont want the extra timing you get from the tuning when you spray. Can u remove that and just have the shift points changed or is it all one big thing? And whats the suggested shut-off rpm for the window switch? Im gettin the 2000 pills and 6000. I reall wanted to do it on at like 3400 to be safe and off at 5900. Any suggestions?

thx
Old 07-05-2003, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Default Re: Nitrous and tuning

yea, you dont need to do the timing on the hpp3, but in my opinion, spend an extra 200 bucks and get the personal edit version. if you plan to spray alot, you are more than likely going to need it down the road and it does so much more than hpp3 or predator can do.

for the pills, run a 3000 and 5800 (probably 5600 until you get the shift points right)
Old 07-05-2003, 08:37 PM
Restricted User

Suggest you lower the off to around 5800, stock settings are 5890 for shift. Yes you can change the timing w/ Predator, and fuel at WOT, enough for what you are looking at, and it is all independant, not just throw it in and not have adjustability. I dont see a need for a window switch...yet. I have been spraying 150shots on a few bottles and countless 100shot bottles, no problems...*knocking on wood*.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:47 AM
On The Tree

Well me and my luck dont get along to well with the car. so im plannin on the window switch. the tranny's been rebuilt with a somewhat like shift kit so its good to go i hope for a little while. a converter will come in bout 8-9 months then well see whats its got at the track. so either i get edit or the predator, both about the same price. thatll be a month or so away.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:35 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really are going to spend $300+ on a program, I would suggest that another $250 for the LS1 Edit would be better. The reason I suggest this, is later down the road, you are going to need more mods, more tuning and the only one out there is the LS1 Edit. Get the window switch - safer is better.

David
Old 07-07-2003, 01:40 AM
Restricted User

I agree, the Edit is an excellent utility. It is a little more pricey, and if you do it yoruself, you NEED autotap, or similar to logg data. I am only using predator as a crutch, then when i ge tmy Laptop back, and A-Tap, I will switch to edit. But no complaints so far. You'll enjoy the car much much more after convertor, well after you get used to the stall.

Search this Thread