Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

another FTRA question

Old 01-16-2008, 12:26 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default another FTRA question

I bought an FTRA a while back, when I went to install it I found about a pound of leaves and grass and what ever else could get inbetween my radiator and condensor. THis made me a little leary, but I really want to put it on. So my questionis have any of you ever seen anything stupid get sucked up in the air box after putting the FTRA on? Granted when I got the car it had 100,000 on it and I got it from an elderly lady so I am sure that could have been just a 100,000 miles worth of stuff. Do you think I could be endangering anything from running this??
Old 01-16-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

As long as you have an air filter you'll be good. Go with a paper one and replace it every few months!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:06 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by blackonblack02_Z
I bought an FTRA a while back, when I went to install it I found about a pound of leaves and grass and what ever else could get inbetween my radiator and condensor. THis made me a little leary, but I really want to put it on. So my questionis have any of you ever seen anything stupid get sucked up in the air box after putting the FTRA on? Granted when I got the car it had 100,000 on it and I got it from an elderly lady so I am sure that could have been just a 100,000 miles worth of stuff. Do you think I could be endangering anything from running this??
dont drive thru piles of leaves... lol just kidding... no you should be alright just like he said be sure to check your filter every few months
Old 01-16-2008, 04:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do have to clean between where the FTRA goes to the air dam below once a year. Stuff gets lodged in there.
Old 01-16-2008, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should make a radiator screen like some C5/6 guys do, it looks like this.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by z28voodoo
dont drive thru piles of leaves... lol just kidding... no you should be alright just like he said be sure to check your filter every few months
I cant help it... when I see a big pile of leaves in someones yard its like my car just automatically vears in that direction. lol

[QUOTE=Andros;8508037]You should make a radiator screen like some C5/6 guys do, it looks like this.

That is a damn good idea I think I will do this!! Thanks guys for all the feed back I appreciate it!

Search this Thread