Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

hmm cat or no cat?

Old 01-16-2008, 02:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hmm cat or no cat?

Well I am going to install some headers and a new ORY tommorrow decided not to pay someone to do it :p. I have the slp lmII on my car atm and it comes with the resonater type deal and i wanted to know if i would be ok to take that completely off or can i run it with the new y pipe and lt's?

I live in tennessee and dont really know the emissions code all they do when i take it is plug something into the gas cap and mirror under the motor to make sure its not leaking coolant or oil or something.Will i have any problems running no cat? yes or no?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:17 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i believe they mirror under the car to look if the cats are there. I say figure out what the emissions deal is in your state, then worse case just run cats and keep the SLP resonator with everything LT's and y-pipe. The resonator goes in the intermediate pipe RIGHT before the over the axle pipe (before differential) and that resonator is what gives the exhaust the special "tone" to it. The cats will also make the car much cleaner sou nding but the bad part is that it will also make it quieter so you gotta give and take alittle and compromise depending on the state emission laws or move to florida we dot have none of that crap =) open headers baby
Old 01-16-2008, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by fenix999
i believe they mirror under the car to look if the cats are there. I say figure out what the emissions deal is in your state, then worse case just run cats and keep the SLP resonator with everything LT's and y-pipe. The resonator goes in the intermediate pipe RIGHT before the over the axle pipe (before differential) and that resonator is what gives the exhaust the special "tone" to it. The cats will also make the car much cleaner sou nding but the bad part is that it will also make it quieter so you gotta give and take alittle and compromise depending on the state emission laws or move to florida we dot have none of that crap =) open headers baby
ive went through when i purchased this car and the guy only checked from infront of the engine bay with the mirror nothing else but he was driving a 97 camaro and just said nice car and sent me on my way
Old 01-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Launching!

in california cats for sure..i dont know how other states are about that but in cali they will rape you
Old 01-16-2008, 01:01 PM
Restricted User

I'd say leave your cats on it...don't take a chance....
Old 01-16-2008, 01:10 PM
TECH Resident

I took my cats off in FL, no probelm, just have an excessive gas smell now, probably best to leave them on.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:55 PM
Launching!

In texas, a ticket for no cats(defective exhaust) is very expensive. Leave the cats on!

Search this Thread