Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

Advice Needed Please Help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 02:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice Needed Please Help!!!!!

Ive got an all stock 97' Z28, and recently ive been having problems with the shifting of its automatic trans. It accelerates just fine, but when its about to shift into 3rd gear the trans kicks out likes it switching gears but then it goes into a neutral like state. only seems to catch 3rd at about 4-5 thousand RPM's, but then only accelerates at those high rpm's. Transmission filter and fulid have recently been changed(like 400 miles ago). Some say its the transmission slipping but doesnt that take time to occur? And wouldn't you beable to notice a slipping trans before it got this bad? this just started happening one day when i started the car and went for a drive. Could it be a shift selonoid? I even heard that it could be the temperature senor causing the engine to think its still cold making the engine shift at a much higher rpm. plus my temp gauge dont work so i know my temp sensor is messed up. Anyone with advice to this madness please let me know before i go and drop a pretty penny at a repair shop.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

May wanna try this in the Transmission section. Vince@FLT and the Performabuilt guys are very knowledgeable and usually quick to respond or you could PM either one of them.