Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Predator problems?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2003, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator problems?

I have had a predator in my 2003 Gmc for about 4 weeks now. I put there normal program in and then went into modifying parameters and changed the shift pressure and shift adaptation. I was very happy with the performance and gas mileage change. Well today I went back into modifying parameters to change the size of tires that I put on and also raise the shift points (rpm). It gave me a bunch of errors when I tried to install the file. Script error, writing error. Well I took the program out and restored it to my stock GM program and that worked fine. I then tried to reprogram it putting the stock predator program back in and I got the same errors. What do it do now? I followed the instructions. Besides the first time I programed it, it worked fine. Is my program bad? The programer has always been in the house not left in the weather so how could it go bad. Any help would be appreciated?
Old 07-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Default Re: Predator problems?

ive had problems with my predetor my i installed my program in my truck and it would not crank the programmer said xmodem time out i had to send the programmer and my computer to diablo sport in boca raton florida
the fixed it and sent it back and it still does the same thing so you may have to do the same thing
Old 07-06-2003, 01:22 AM
Restricted User

I had those errors, but then when it says press ESC to escape, I did and started right back, it took it after that. Has done this several times, but always just go right back at it and it works fine.
Old 07-06-2003, 11:50 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had those errors, but then when it says press ESC to escape, I did and started right back, it took it after that. Has done this several times, but always just go right back at it and it works fine.
ditto...

I'm switching to LS1 Edit though. Not happy with Diablo's "custom tuning".
Old 07-06-2003, 02:59 PM
Teching In

Well I tried several times to reload the program and it will only go to about 4% then stop and give me all kinds of errors. I guess I will try to contact Diablo.
Old 07-06-2003, 03:03 PM
Teching In

I have e-mailed runninwiththedevil.com. Does anybody know if that is who I should contact?
Old 07-06-2003, 11:39 PM
Restricted User

email james at sales@runninwiththedevil.com

He seems to be very customer oriented, meaning also very busy, but he will/should take care of you.

Charlie.
Old 07-07-2003, 02:58 AM
Restricted User

Ok, just as you would mention it, I had the same problem an hour ago. Trying to reinstall stock tune to check with WideBand for custom cam, it had the same errors. What I notice is that if you get to the screen that says press enter to continue install of saved data (also did it trying to go back to performance tune) turn the key right then, and press enter. Worked 4 times, had to try it agian to verify that was the deal, may work for you as well.

Good-luck