Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Vacuum bleeding the Clutch hydraulics, question

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2008, 08:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum bleeding the Clutch hydraulics, question

I'm installing a new master tonight since I've lost almost all clutch pressure and the pedal keeps sticking to the floor. Last night I bled it the old fashioned way just to get enough clutch to get to the parts store and back. I'm up here in New Jersey at Ft. Dix, 11 hours from home which is why. How do I bleed the system with a Mighty Vac? It's the one used to bleed brakes correct? Does it hook to the bleeder screw on the slave then hand pump it until a steady stream of fluid comes out? I've never done this before so any help or advise would be great. Thanks
Old 01-17-2008, 11:14 AM
TECH Junkie

bench bleed the master by hand...

then install it and bleed the rest the old fashioned way. some people have problems blowing seals with teh mityvac method.

if you do use it, only draw about 5# of vacumn

oh, and most guys run the vacumn pump on the resevoir....drawing air up the system. the vacumn will expand the bubbles, causing them to rise to the top (resevoir).
Old 01-17-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I think I'll just do it the old fashioned way at the post do it yourself garage. Thanks for the help, the last thing I want to do is blow another seal in the new Master.