Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Serious clutch issues, need help

Old 01-18-2008, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Serious clutch issues, need help

I installed a new OEM master cylinder last night, went into the shop with some clutch pedal but it was sticking about a quarter way off the floor. So I bench bled the master and bled the system. Or tried to anyway. Now I have NO clutch at all, there is no resistance on the pedal, it just drops to the floor. WTF is going on? Do I still have air in the lines? I had a buddy pump the clutch then hold it to the floor while I broke the bleeder then tightened it back up. We did this about 10 times or so and couldn't get any clutch at all. Fluid comes out of the bleeder but barely, it should spray out but it slowly dribbles out. The old master was definately screwed, the seal was shot and was leaking inside the car. Any ideas?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try pumping the clutch pedal up & down manually by hand... I had to do this after I installed my new master cylinder as well, it may take a while to start getting you pedal pressure back.. It took some time til mine pumped back up, but eventually did.. Also, once you start feeling some resistance coming back, try side stepping the clutch pedal, that sometimes will make the process a lil faster.

-Mike
Old 01-19-2008, 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, I got it working good last night. I had to take the master back off and bench bleed it again but now it works great. There was a shitload of air in the lines, looks like it would have pushed it all out but it wouldn't. Anyway it's good to go so I'm happy.

Search this Thread