Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ring gaps

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ring gaps

Im kinda new here, but im looking for help. I recently bought an unassembled 408ci short block from a company with and eagle crank, arp rods, and diamond 15cc pistons. My dilemma is what the ring gaps should be set at. I am planning on boost down the road, probably 18psi max and rarely. What should the top, thin, black, chromoly wring be set to. Also how about the 2 fatter silver wrings below it. And finally what would u suggest for the oil wring and the two rings that sandwich it. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I file mine at .018" top .022 sec. you don't need to file the oil control rings, Do not file the spring ,that what put tension on the two oil control scraper rings. The two scraper ring has a round .055 clearance out of the box. The two upper compression rings is all that needs filed. For ring gap the more boost the more gap, When you buy your rings they come with a chart if not go to there web sight and you should find it there. Gap is very important, Go here you may get better response https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction-9/