Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Shop recommendation

Old 01-19-2008, 08:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shop recommendation

If you had a budget of $35-$40 thousand dollars tell me your setup and who you would have do your work. Car as of now is basically stock with only headers. Need complete setup from engine to fuel system to suspension to rearend. Car is a stick so clutch recommendations are also welcome. Thanks...
Old 01-19-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

http://www.leadingedgeperformance.org/
Old 01-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Give us a call: 813-628-0080,

Anything you want as an end result can be done & we specialize in high-end builds. Everything from 500-1,000 plus RWHP including the drivetrain & suspension to handle it all properly. We are staffed with some of the best know big$ drag racers around (do a Google search on: JP Hickmon, Chris Adams, Tracy Lewis, Emily Lewis, and add drag racing to the search) and we race what we build throughout the Eastern US and know from on-track experiance what does & does not work/last/etc.
Old 01-19-2008, 09:43 AM
12 Second Club

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/
Old 01-19-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a car i just got done building. The car had headers on it when it was dropped off.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/839949-rpm-408-t88-prelim-dyno-results.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/839946-rpm-408-t88-prelim-dyno-results.html
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

Hey Tlewis I know Jp, he knows me from Riva, ask him who had the sick waverunner with the nitrous setup on it.
Old 01-19-2008, 12:47 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

If your looking to build a killer forced induction application I would definately recommend Late Model Racecraft. They build custom turbo kits for all out race cars as well as for daily driven street cars. They definately know there stuff. Check them out at Latemodelracecraft.com
Old 01-19-2008, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for all the replies, i'm really looking for recommendations from people who have actually had work done by a specific shop and not from what they've read. Timeline is not a problem as the car basically sits in the garage. Also distance is not a problem, it will be trailored and left till job is done. Looking for a turbo setup only and the setup will have to make 1000 hp on racegas, doesn't have to be on pump. thanks..
Old 01-19-2008, 02:36 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Originally Posted by mike02ss
Thanks for all the replies, i'm really looking for recommendations from people who have actually had work done by a specific shop and not from what they've read. Timeline is not a problem as the car basically sits in the garage. Also distance is not a problem, it will be trailored and left till job is done. Looking for a turbo setup only and the setup will have to make 1000 hp on racegas, doesn't have to be on pump. thanks..
Yea, I brought them a rolling chassis and told them I wanted to be the fastest LSX on stock suspension. It took a little over 6 months for the complete build and with less than 30 passes on the car they got me the record with a 7.57 @ 189mph. They always sent me pictures of the build in progress and was always there to answer any questions I had. You can view pics of the turbo kit on there website.
Old 01-19-2008, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One stop shopping."Exotic Performance Plus.com" Check it out for the build you want and they do it all.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree, go with Exotic Performance, they have a rediculous amout of experience with F bodies and vettes. Bob and all the boys down there are one of the most helpful, loyal and knowledgable crews out there. and they share there knowledge with everyone, even if your not a customer. I got screwed royally by a former sponsor on this site and trailered my car from upstate NY for them to strighten it out. they worked on just the tuning for over 10 hours, Bob even gave me the computer out of his own personal car because the jackasses that screwed it up the first time locked it.(yep ive got a peice of GM high-tech magazine wheel standing history in my shop, Thanks Bob!!!) but seriously, Im sure there are many reputible shops out there that can get the job done, but in my opinion EPP is an awsome choice. im sure most everyone out here would agree with me, good luck with your buildup
Old 01-19-2008, 05:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Well, everybody is tossing around recommendations that are VERY far from home, even on a trailer.

If you want to know about Revxtreme in central FL, look at my set-up and search for all my threads. I've had alot of work done by them.

I planned my build with the help of Kyle, lead tech and Dino, co-owner... Dino made it a very pleasant experience for me despite obstacles that presented themselves for both him and me. He made a lasting impression on me as a consultant and as a friend... This was about a year ago. Dino recently left the shop.

If Kyle is still their lead tech, I will say the man does amazing things and comes up with very creative ideas. In his hands, you'll have no worries. Just tell him what you want and how much power you want.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/ or maybe even http://www.stenodperformance.com/
Old 01-19-2008, 06:30 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

IMO- Try to find a good/respectable shop as close as possible.So if you need tweaking or to add the shop is easy to get to compared to across country.Make sure they have done builds comparable to what you want,this way they will be alot closer on the over all price with a quote.

Yes,of course we could easilly build your setup but I wouldn't want to take a car from that far away.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:15 PM
Banned

If you had a budget of $35-$40 thousand dollars tell me your setup and who you would have do your work. Car as of now is basically stock with only headers. Need complete setup from engine to fuel system to suspension to rearend. Car is a stick so clutch recommendations are also welcome. Thanks...
I am curious as to what your goals are with the car. Are you looking for a full tilt drag car, or a super nasty street car that can take the abuse? I am well versed in building nasty street cars. I have built my fair share of race cars as well. I wouldn't mind talking with you about your build. Don't rule out the small shops. I have been around the high end street stuff for a long time. Give me a call if you want to talk further.
Old 01-19-2008, 11:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Josh @ KYTP
I am curious as to what your goals are with the car. Are you looking for a full tilt drag car, or a super nasty street car that can take the abuse? I am well versed in building nasty street cars. I have built my fair share of race cars as well. I wouldn't mind talking with you about your build. Don't rule out the small shops. I have been around the high end street stuff for a long time. Give me a call if you want to talk further.
Car is going to be a weekend car, not really interested in a race car. Just want a really fast street car with full interior and preferably a/c. Basically i'm looking for a car that can produce a 1000hp if needed even though I know a 1000hp is useless on the street. Car will see the track maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Thanks..
Old 01-19-2008, 11:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Car is going to be a weekend car, not really interested in a race car. Just want a really fast street car with full interior and preferably a/c. Basically i'm looking for a car that can produce a 1000hp if needed even though I know a 1000hp is useless on the street. Car will see the track maybe 2 or 3 times a year. Thanks..
Well, you pretty much described my car... Lowered, full interior, AC, etc.

Except mine will never see a track at all.
Old 01-20-2008, 01:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

My car fits that and so do many others. The 1st problem in the end will be the 6 speed
most who have that much power with a stick have a nasty clutch. Not very many cars on here have made 1000+ rwhp and be driven all the time on the street.
Do u want the cat legal for the track too?? Ie a cage in the car???
$30-40K is going to go fast and in my opinion isn't enough.
Turbo is the way to go and even easier with bigger cubes.
Stenod performance built the turbo kit I have now and VA Speed modified it to work with my new bigger turbo.
VA Speed is also building my new motor.
Shawn who is the engine builder knows what he's doing when it comes to turbo motors
2370 HP out of a 434ci SBC with Twin 88mm GT47-88's
back to a 1000hp street car.
A 6 speed is nice but as mightey mouse proved its about 1 sec slower in the 1/4 and that will carry over to the street.
He has a 4L80E with 3.42's
I have a power glide 2 speed trans with 3.54 gears
most trans setups are going to run you $3-6k for he above 2
a built T56 is up there also. Then $800-1200 clutches that ARE going to wear out....
that got old to me quick and made up my mind to go auto.
Converter $600-1500.
for 1000rwhp all the time I'd pick only an LSX block and 6 bolt heads
your looking at $10-12k for the long block
then intake.
Now the fuel system I'd budget around $3500
that's one place ya dont want cut corners
rearend. 9" or S60 or 12 bolt. $2500-3500
cage 10 point $1750-2250
suspension and brakes
About $3500 or so for every BMR piece
$1500 for brakes
now the turbo kit
I wouldn't go anything smaller then a 91mm
to keep A/C is asking alot..... So custom tabbed kit is a must.
Anywhere from $7500-10K
computer
BS3 $2500
labor
that's the biggest one and most of the time is almost 1/2 the bil.
I'm sureni missed quite a few things since its so late and I'm doing this from my phone.
VA Speed can do the above and there about 12 hrs from. Ya in Virginia beach
give them a call.
stenod builds an awsome turbo kit also and there in Detroit

There are many sponsors on here that will take care of you

Give th a call and see where it goes.

Kyle
Old 01-20-2008, 05:34 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by lmt0705
i agree, go with Exotic Performance, they have a rediculous amout of experience with F bodies and vettes. Bob and all the boys down there are one of the most helpful, loyal and knowledgable crews out there. and they share there knowledge with everyone, even if your not a customer. I got screwed royally by a former sponsor on this site and trailered my car from upstate NY for them to strighten it out. they worked on just the tuning for over 10 hours, Bob even gave me the computer out of his own personal car because the jackasses that screwed it up the first time locked it.(yep ive got a peice of GM high-tech magazine wheel standing history in my shop, Thanks Bob!!!) but seriously, Im sure there are many reputible shops out there that can get the job done, but in my opinion EPP is an awsome choice. im sure most everyone out here would agree with me, good luck with your buildup
Thanks, we appreciate the comments! Bob
Old 01-20-2008, 08:23 AM
On The Tree

Unhappy

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
My car fits that and so do many others. The 1st problem in the end will be the 6 speed
most who have that much power with a stick have a nasty clutch. Not very many cars on here have made 1000+ rwhp and be driven all the time on the street.
Do u want the cat legal for the track too?? Ie a cage in the car???
$30-40K is going to go fast and in my opinion isn't enough.
Turbo is the way to go and even easier with bigger cubes.
Stenod performance built the turbo kit I have now and VA Speed modified it to work with my new bigger turbo.
VA Speed is also building my new motor.
Shawn who is the engine builder knows what he's doing when it comes to turbo motors
2370 HP out of a 434ci SBC with Twin 88mm GT47-88's
back to a 1000hp street car.
A 6 speed is nice but as mightey mouse proved its about 1 sec slower in the 1/4 and that will carry over to the street.
He has a 4L80E with 3.42's
I have a power glide 2 speed trans with 3.54 gears
most trans setups are going to run you $3-6k for he above 2
a built T56 is up there also. Then $800-1200 clutches that ARE going to wear out....
that got old to me quick and made up my mind to go auto.
Converter $600-1500.
for 1000rwhp all the time I'd pick only an LSX block and 6 bolt heads
your looking at $10-12k for the long block
then intake.
Now the fuel system I'd budget around $3500
that's one place ya dont want cut corners
rearend. 9" or S60 or 12 bolt. $2500-3500
cage 10 point $1750-2250
suspension and brakes
About $3500 or so for every BMR piece
$1500 for brakes
now the turbo kit
I wouldn't go anything smaller then a 91mm
to keep A/C is asking alot..... So custom tabbed kit is a must.
Anywhere from $7500-10K
computer
BS3 $2500
labor
that's the biggest one and most of the time is almost 1/2 the bil.
I'm sureni missed quite a few things since its so late and I'm doing this from my phone.
VA Speed can do the above and there about 12 hrs from. Ya in Virginia beach
give them a call.
stenod builds an awsome turbo kit also and there in Detroit

There are many sponsors on here that will take care of you

Give th a call and see where it goes.

Kyle
Thanks for the reply Kyle, I guess the budget will have to be considerably higher to build what I was looking for. The reason I wanted to keep the six speed is because to me it's just more fun to drive on the street. Cars only been driven about a 150 miles over the last 4years so I figured a decent clutch would last awhile. I appreciate all the replies and would still like to hear some of the buildups and how much you actually spent, and then I guess I will have to decide between the car or the new boat.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Shop recommendation