Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Eaton/Magnuson TVS 1900 & 2300?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Eaton/Magnuson TVS 1900 & 2300?

Does anyone know how much these cost? I've looked on the internet w/ out any luck. Based on a magazine article, looks like the 2300 is not available yet. These are the ones that will be on the CTS-V and ZR-1 and based on what gm has said(per the article), they are much more efficient than previous generations.

In Hot Rod, Ken Duttweiler built a LS2 404ci w/ the 1900 and made 777 hp w/ pump gas. I think they were engine dyno numbers. Per the article there was no sacrifice in drivability.

With the cost of an fairly high end LS7 motor being so much, seems like this may be a better option (more hp & much better drivability). I've always liked fast N/A cars but there is a lot of sacrifice in drivability.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The TVS 2300 is the blower used in the Ford Racing catalog as an upgrade for the GT500 and also as part of the base Super Snake package so I think it is available. I would love this blower on my F-bod as from what I have been reading they are more compact and efficient than prev roots blowers due to the 4 lobe design. It seems they would also be easier to adapt to the f-body platform than a twin screw due to the fact the ZR1 and new CTS-V will be using it as well.

Last edited by big reg; 01-20-2008 at 08:30 AM.
Old 01-19-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'd be very interested in this too, somebody with some more knowledge on a GM application chime in and let us know whats up!
Old 01-20-2008, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

Here it is in the Ford Racing catalog. http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts...tKeyField=9887 . It is also listed on Shelby's website as part of the Super Snake package.
Old 01-20-2008, 08:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talk to harrop they are making a bolt on kit for the cobalts with the 1320
Old 03-29-2008, 02:18 PM
TECH Resident

I got an messege from Harrop from a cobalt form that i'm also appart of and it seems that they want to discuss the possibility of developing a kit, they have a US devision in Battle Creek, Michigan.

this is the messege i got after messaging them

Originally Posted by Harrop USA
Eddie:

Please email me directly, as I would like to discuss the subject of F-body's in more detail. I am Business Development Mgr. for Harrop in Michigan and have delt with LMS already.

My email me at michael@harropperformance.com

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Harrop
Originally Posted by Eddie
I was curious if Harrop had a twin screw or a TVS kit for the 98-02 camaro and trans am? I think theres a good market for a nice twinscrew or tvs kit for the f-body' if u go to ls1tech u can gauge interest. you already have a tvs kit for the gto, it would be a matter of clearing the Cowl of the f-body, a company LMSpeed developed an eaton kit using the mp112 and it utilized some spacers for the k-member and minimal cutting of the cowl area which a f-body owners wont mine minimal cutting of the cowl. hopefully harrop can design a TVS or a Twinscrew kit for the F-body. thanks
Hi Eddie ...
Unfortunately, we did not get any F-body's into Aussie so doing a kit is very difficult ... too hard to do by "remote control".

However ... we do offer the HTV's as "Engine Kits" in several configurations, including as fitted to the GTO and as a traditional front-drive rear-inlet variant. If you have a company that is confident with creating a kit, we would be keen to work with them by supplying the Engine Kit and having USA-based companies putting it with an Install Kit to create a solution.

Please feel free to contact me via ken@harrop.com.au if you wish to discuss it further (PMs are a pain for me).

so it looks like the first guy forwarded the message over to the US devision and wants me to e-mail him, but i'm to damn far away for any possible testing and all that. so if anyone in michigan is whilling to check it out feel free to e-mail them.

Quick Reply: Eaton/Magnuson TVS 1900 & 2300?