Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle return spring

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Throttle return spring

Hey guys, I have been battleing with my 90mm throttle body since I have had it. The return spring is to weak to overcome the vacuum of the engine and so it doesn't close the whole way. I have searched and others have asked. The problem is that no one has answered. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it? New stiffer spring? If so, from where? Custom spring setup like that of carbed cars. I need to get this thing taken care of.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Restricted User

remove the throttle blade, then pull the cam out. You should be able to wind the throttle spring tighter. Then put it back together.
Old 01-21-2008, 12:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

the only way to do that would be to put another full turn on the spring. I have already tried it and it was way to much pressure on it. I couldn't even get the blade to open fully as it had constricted the spring to the point that it could only turn about half way open.
Old 01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

How old is the throttle body and what brand is it? You may have to call the manufacturer and get a new spring.

Quick Reply: Throttle return spring