Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cutout wiring

Old 07-07-2003, 12:49 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cutout wiring

Not sure if this is the right section to post this. Moderate if there is a better place please move it.

I have the McCord Power Plate. It has failed on me and I am trying to isolate the problem from the switch. It has black, white, green, and red wires to the plate. The red is surely for a hot wire with 12 volts. Black is ground and maybe the white is too. Not sure what the green is for except to maybe light and led when the plate is open or closed.

I want to test the motor and find out if it is ok. What do I need to do? Put the red to a hot wire and black to ground?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Cutout wiring

ttt
Old 07-08-2003, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

The red and black wires should be your power and ground. The white and green should be the accessory wires. If this is correct, one will actuate the cutout in one direction, the other one will actuate the other.
Old 07-08-2003, 09:26 PM
master of the "jack"stand

Yes, unplug it out of the weatherpack plug and you can see the red and black wires going up to 2 the 4 plugs. Use a battery or battery charger with some leads and touch the prongs. By switching polarity (i.e. switch the leads going to each prong) you can move the motor back and forth.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:26 PM
BB
TECH Enthusiast

For the McCord it turns out the red and green control the plate and the black and white control the led. In any case the motor is shot. Thanks.

Search this Thread