PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can you get an idea of exhaust emissiions using EFILive V5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2003, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you get an idea of exhaust emissiions using EFILive V5?

I need to work on my exhaust emissions and need to figure out
what to do. I would like to know if the cats are in working order and, if yes, what I can do via tuning to get the
emissions a bit down. Can this be done via ATAP or EFILiveV5?

Gert
Old 07-07-2003, 03:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Can you get an idea of exhaust emissiions using EFILive V5?

Compare the post cat O2s with the pre cat O2s on EFILive5 and that should tell you if your cats are working. Why do you think your emissions are messed up?
Old 07-07-2003, 04:51 PM
On The Tree

I just had the inspection and HC was very close to the limit
Limit was 0.60, reading was 0.57. The rest was high, too but had more margin. All three readings were higher than last year
(had a comp cam 212/218 .522/.528 115LSA, ICL 113/ECL 117 installed and Ed Wright tuning). Want to be able to "clear it up a bit before I have to go again to the emission test.
I can go probably a bit more leaner (5%) for inspection. They do a dyno roadtest here. I'll check the cats but am not sure
if one can tell from the differnce in oscillations of the voltage readings between the front and back O2s how well the cats work. Can you?
Gert
Old 07-31-2003, 01:58 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Sorry so slow getting back to you on this, I forgot about this thread. Yeah you can tell if the cats are working by comparing the front and back O2s, that's why you have the extra O2s. The oscillations of the rear O2s should mirror the front ones only at a smaller amplitude. You may also want to try a fresh load of gas and oil. Your emissions levels will never be as good as they were with the stock cam, though. That's one reason the factory put in such a small cam in the first place. But the cam you installed isn't that big either, so I think you may have some other problem.
Old 08-01-2003, 10:43 AM
On The Tree

The rear oxygen sensors better not mirror the front oxygen sensors at all. The more that they do mirror each other means the more your cats have deteriorated. The rear oxygen sensors should pretty much flat line if the cats are working properly. Your cam is probably a big factor with your HC problem, but hopefully not the only one. Post the results of your emissions test with all 5 gases, rpm, and speed.
Old 08-01-2003, 11:08 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Note that I said "at a smaller amplitude." Yes if the rear O2s are swinging wide then the cats are bad.