Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Steering wheel recovering

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Steering wheel recovering

I had done a search or two on steering wheel recovering here on the site. I didn't find much, actually a few unanswered inquiries. So anyway I used to be a member of a Lexus forum and I remembered the name of a company in Texas called American Stitches. I checked out their website and sent an email this morning. The responded quickly, dunno if it is a fluke or not. But here is the email traffic:

Hi,

Thanks for your inquiry. The cost to recover your steering wheel to factory new specifications is $250 plus $15 shipping. Turnaround is about 1 week. There is no problem with the grain and color matching, it will be very close to original. Please let me know if you have any additional questions.

Thanks,

Carter

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To:
Subject:
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 10:06:59 -0600

Hello, I have a steering wheel out of a 2001 Chevrolet Camaro, with Ebony (black) leather. It is completely slicked out and looks pretty worn. Is it possible to match the color and texture of the factory upholstry? What would be a round about price for this service? I actually have two, I would like to try one first and see how well it would match up and then do the second. Thank you.

Cullen Stagg

I remember reading that one Lexus guy wasn't too happy with his color matching. It actually looked nice to me, so I dunno, maybe the guy was uber picky or something.

End result: anyone know anything about this company? I haven't seen a big demand on the site either so once again, I dunno.

Last edited by sapper_daddy; 01-22-2008 at 03:57 PM.
Old 01-22-2008, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

i dunno but let us know how it goes i wouldnt mind doing this either!!
Old 01-22-2008, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

I bought a low mileage wheel w/ radio controls on ebay for like $40.00 and it looks like new.
Old 01-22-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by shift123
I bought a low mileage wheel w/ radio controls on ebay for like $40.00 and it looks like new.
Yeah I got a hold of a nice one myself so I have two, I'd like to send the older one off to have a nice spare for the future. I've gotten addicted to getting extra stuff because I'm afraid things will be unavailable one day.

Quick Reply: Steering wheel recovering