Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Window tint question

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 01:40 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Window tint question

alright well i am about to purchase me some window tint to put on my car... and i have a friend that used to install the tint professionally at a shop that said he would do it for me... but the question i am asking about this is... after the tint is put on and sat for a night or so in my friends's warm garage, will it be alright to sit outside in the cold after it is put on? it is supposed to be in the 20s in indiana this weekend, and not sure about next weekend, but it wont be till next weekend till its put on, and i dont want my tint to start peeling after the first day...
im sure i can find somewhere for my car to sit in a garage for the first night, but after that i will be hard up for a place to keep it besides my driveway... and i dont want my brand new tint to start peeling already
Old 01-23-2008, 04:55 AM
TECH Addict

It should be fine. Most shops get most of the moisture out with a heat gun anyway.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ask your friend......
Old 01-23-2008, 03:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well he said hes never had to tint t-tops because his shop didnt allow that or something like that... so i was just gonna see if anyone had done it on here basically before i go buy more tint and go at that... but i doubt i even do it... ill prob. just go buy some t top shades or something like that instead...
Old 01-23-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wanted to tint my t tops but never got around to doin it, i think im prob just find a set of shades
Old 01-24-2008, 04:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ya thats prob. what i will probably end up doing...
i havent talked to him in about a week so i am just kinda wandering around in here trying to get ideas of what i can and cant do before we get to doing this because i dont want to feel completely stupid while i watch and help him
Old 01-24-2008, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had tint done on a car in January one year. Just hit it real good with a heat gun or hair dryer to get as much moisture out as possible and don't put the windows down for a couple days. You should be cool.

My tint place said he wouldn't tint the ttops either. I'm just going to make some shades out of cardboard, fabric, and velcro. $5 homemade or $55 for sale forum... hmmm
Old 01-24-2008, 01:14 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Make sure you dont but the walmart/autozone tint. Its very thin and flimsy and its purple tinted. Unless you can get some good tint your better off taking it to a shop. Ive got a buddy that tints on the side in my shop and we always just go over the windows with a heat gun.
Old 01-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Banned

i tinted my own t-tops with 5%. held on well. but u cant see anything out of them cause of the factory "tint" id guess ud call it. im goin peel it off and just paint it this summer.

Quick Reply: Window tint question