Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 into a lt1 frame

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls1 into a lt1 frame

well monday evening i wrecked my 00 camaro and the passenger frame rail and qt panel are pretty messed on 1 side no word on if it will be repairable have to get under it. I was wondering if anyone has done a ls1 swap into an lt1 frame / body? If so some problems you ran into what will i need to purchase to make this driveable any help would be appreciated
Old 01-23-2008, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

you shouldnt need to purchase anything as long as your k member is good... i believe the guys name is magnus who you need to do a search for, he did the swap into a v6 car, u need ls1 mounts, motor, ecm, harness(guna make it custom), steering rack, and i think thats it... i might have missed somthing...
Old 01-23-2008, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

i basically have a complete drop in tranny motor everything was perfect on the car and still is even after jumping a curve at around a 80-90 mphand taking out a few small trees =X i started it up several times and could been able to drive it home if it wasnt for the broken tire rod / rim so im hoping to find a cheap v6 body or even better a 98+ roller or donor car.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:55 PM
Staging Lane

the same thing happened to me last month. i wrecked my 01 ss. Totalled it. I was able to find a v6 that was in decent shaped but wasnt running for 500. I just stripped the v6 down and then just stripped the 01 and started swapping everything over. I swapped everything, gas tank, fuel lines, rear end, interior, all wiring. Everything bolted right up. The only things that didnt match is there is a plug behind the back seat driver side with some plugs for the rear end. you just have to open up the hole a little bit. and the other thing is the tranny cross member, you have to use the one off the v6 car. everything else bolted up with no problems. wrecked my car on dec 7, i got the v6 on dec 12 and i had the v6 up and running with the ls1 on jan 5. its a pretty simple and stright forward swap. feel free to pm me if you have any questions

Quick Reply: ls1 into a lt1 frame