Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Maybe Major Problems!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help Maybe Major Problems!!!!!!!

Ok to make a long story short i blew up my 98 z28 camaro had to have the whole bottom end replaced stock cost me 2000 i think i got ripped on that not sure though. anyway the guy took me egr stuff off and i read somewhere that it will make my check engine light come on but it was already on no catalytic converters anyway i read that if the check engine light is on then my fans will always stay on. well they dont but i am not sure if they work because i have never witnessed them being on. also the guy that fixed my car told me that he knew it was messed up because when it was idiling the oil pressure was falling under 40lbs well it still falls under 40lbs when it gets to operating temp and idiling. should i be worried
Old 01-25-2008, 04:10 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Based on your grammar, I'd be very worried if I were you.
Old 01-25-2008, 04:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If your light is on the fans won't stay on, and yes the egr will set the light. Not sure if your fans work, well that's a quick answer, does your car overheat? Oh and stay in school...
Old 01-25-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My car idles just under 40 and runs 45 or so at 18-2000 rpm. 40 is fine. Try your a/c. One fan is commanded by pcm to cut on when you turn a/c on. Don't know how the SES light affects it though? Seems kinda weird to me??
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't your mother tell you not to believe everything you read. The fans and the SES MIL don't talk to each other. They don't even know the other one exists. Just because you don't actually witness the fans turning doesn't mean they're not working. Have you allowed the engine to reach operating temperature in your driveway to see if the fans come "ON"? You could jump 12vdc or ground to your fans to see if they come on. I don't know if the fans are looking for ground or if they need 12 volts to come on, but you can backprobe them to find out.