Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My '86 mustang project .........

Old 01-25-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default My '86 mustang project .........

Ok, so I am posting my build like alot of others here. My build started with a " project car " , and I use that term loosely. Actually , it wasn't even a parts car really, as there were no parts at all on the car. So really it was just a shell. So far I have pics of the car that are up to date, I don't have pics of under the hood to show the K member yet though. What I have so far is rough, but I am not building a show car. My car is going to be the one that you see at the drag strip that you are like, " damn , that's ugly " and then it runs a number you would have never thought it would. So far I have an AJE K-member with sbc mounts, lakewood 90/10 struts, and moroso trick front springs. In the rear I have an 8.8 with upgraded posi unit and 4.30 gears with extended studs, and lakewood 50/50 shocks with stock uppers and lowers. Inside the car I have an 8 point roll bar and underneath I have Kenny Brown subframe connectors. I will be updating this as I install new parts. Oh and under the hood I have a dart headed 355 small block with a th350 and converter. This is just to get the car on the road. I have a 2001 corvette LS1 I was going to put in with the stock bottom end , but scored this small block from a buddy real cheap . So while the sbc is in the car I can put a forged rotating assembley in the LS1, which I am running a carb setup with a fogger. Sorry the pictures are so small I will get new ones this weekend , it won't let me post the ones from my digital camera because of the file size.
Attached Thumbnails My '86 mustang project .........-2.jpg   My '86 mustang project .........-4.jpg  
Old 01-25-2008, 01:13 PM
On The Tree

I got a couple more to put up , but will have more this weekend .
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
2.bmp (282.7 KB, 271 views)
File Type: bmp
car back.bmp (335.4 KB, 181 views)
Old 01-25-2008, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like you already coming along pretty good. The best thing to do with the pictures is to use Photobucket.com . Once you upload your pics to photobucket, open up another window or tab(with ls1tech.com ) copy and paste the image link beside the picture into the page you are writing .
Old 01-25-2008, 08:14 PM
On The Tree

ok thanks. I have a bunch of stuff to to install tomorrow and i am going to take more pics of that too, so I will do what you said and they should look good.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

got a couple more pics , did a little work. Got the dash and new steering column in , painted the roll bar, got the wheels on.
Attached Thumbnails My '86 mustang project .........-inside-view-trunk.jpg   My '86 mustang project .........-car-night1.jpg   My '86 mustang project .........-engine1.jpg   My '86 mustang project .........-me-car.jpg  
Old 02-19-2008, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Last edited by FlightRisk; 02-19-2008 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:41 PM
On The Tree

Old 02-19-2008, 01:53 PM
On The Tree

Old 02-20-2008, 09:34 AM
10 Second Club

Looking good. I should be seeing my k-member with in the next week hopefully..
Old 02-20-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, looks good! It seems like just last week mine was in the same stage as yours. Keep us updated....
Old 02-20-2008, 05:10 PM
On The Tree

I will keep the posts coming as I get the parts and the time to put them on. I got the sb1 out last night and got some new ben franklins in my hand now. I will be ordering some parts and will hopefully get them put on soon. I just went through my shopping cart on jegs.....$1,169.00. That , and I still haven't ordered my headers from kooks yet , that is going to be another seven hundred dollars. I plan on having this thing on the track by the end of April. They tore up our local track this winter and have paved a new one so I am itching to get out there and make some passes........
Old 02-29-2008, 03:42 PM
On The Tree

Cool

Well , I got my order from JEG'S and will be working this weekend on the car. This weekend will be the fuel system and finishing up the rear wiring on the car. I ordered a custom converter from PTC , those guys are great over there. Once I get that in I will be able to drop the LS1 and trans in the car and terminate the wiring on the front of the car and get my trans cross member finished up, I don't think the exhaust tip that was under it will work very well ( in the pictures you can see it ) haha....so I will have some more pics and updates next week..
Old 03-18-2008, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

Well I haven't done much as far as working on the car but I go a lot of my parts in. Fluidampr balancer, MSD 6LS, Victor Jr. , SFI flexplate, Bunch of AN fittings and two boxes of SS braided hose, PTC 4200 stall for th350/LS1,BarryGrant 750 DP, B&M Prostick shifter, Fuel cell and some misc. stuff. I will definetly have some pics up after this weekend.

Search this Thread