Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW JAAM, Rain will afect the car????

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW JAAM, Rain will afect the car????

I am really interest in buying the JAAM AIr piece. My car is an 2001 FIrebird WS6, but i have installed the SLP Cold air package ( the one that comes also with the metal piece that gets air from the bottom). Will this JAAM kit work with that system or should i take the cold air induction adn take it out.

And my biggest concern, since i live in Puerto Rico and here it rains, something like 4 times a month(not havy rains), would this JAAM kit can cause me some problems with water getting in to my engine?????

SLP COld Air Package cost me a lot, since i paid almos $300 for it, and an additional $3,000 on engine repair because of some water in the road, but it was my fault, there were like 6 inches of water. But just to let it know to people that live were it rains a lot.
Old 01-25-2008, 02:05 PM
TECH Junkie

it should work fine (imo)
Old 01-25-2008, 11:17 PM

from the looks of the JAAM it seems to block off the lower portion of the air box where the air comes in from underneath the car. the vehicle would only be getting air from the four ports in the hood creating a ram air effect by sealing the hood directly to the air box. if it blocks off the bottom of the air box then the slp cai will be useless.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:13 AM
On The Tree

Default ok

But the slp cold air intake is beneath the air filter and the jaam doesnt go that far?
But my question is, if i let that cold air intake open, the air that enters from the jaam will go out throught the slp cold air and then i will loose the pressure it is suppose to gain with the jaam. But that is if the pressure that enters from fron the jaam is higher than the one from the slp cold air.
Old 01-26-2008, 12:44 PM

that's what i'm trying to say...the JAMM blocks off the area under the filter to make the air box completely sealed. at least that's what it looks like. You also don't want to use the two together because you will have air being forced in in two different directions thus creating a turbulent effect resulting in lower hp numbers.
Old 01-26-2008, 03:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Turblent Air, Nah
I Wouldent Go Buy The 2 Bt I Dont Think The Slp Unit Is Gonna Hurt You..
Old 01-26-2008, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

I know for a fact the Jaam Ram Air system isn't affected by the water, but the SLP is a different story. My JAAM hasn't ever had any problems as far as debri and water are concerned.