Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

Power Steering Bracket

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering Bracket

I've got an aftermarket Power Steering setup for my '69 Chevy Nova, 350. It's the saginaw type of pump. I have a long water pump and can't seem to find the right punp bracket. The only ones i can find connect to the exhaust manifold, which is irrelevant for me beause of my headers. Anyone know where i can get a bracket that will fit right? without throwing down a hundred bucks?

thanks

D
Old 01-29-2008, 06:46 PM
On The Tree

the bracket I have bolts to the front exhaust manifold bolt and then down to the upper motor mount bolt. They make a spacer for the manifold bolt for header use.
You can go to the self pull wrecking yards and look at the 78 and up SBC and see if there brackets will work, they don't bolt to the ex. manifolds I believe

Also, if you have a Nova also, you might like to check out this site if your not already on there. There are a lot of nice people on there that have a lot of info to help you with your Nova.
http://stevesnovasite.com/forums/
Old 01-29-2008, 07:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I used a machined aluminum bracket made for manifolds and just made a spacer out of an old end link. You should be able to just use some small tubing just large enough for a bolt to run through and space it that way.

Quick Reply: Power Steering Bracket