Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HPP3 ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2003, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default HPP3 ?

I currently own a 2001 TA with all the bolt-ons, and like an addict, I'm still looking for more power. I know very little about PCM, however, the advertisement for HPP3 sounds interesting. Before buying, I'd like some opinions. Finally, does anyone know of FAQ site I can refer to regarding HPP3 ? Thanks
Old 07-09-2003, 10:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: HPP3 ?

i have heard only good things about hpp3 and myself an in the process of getting one. (Cant decide between hpp3 and predator)?From what i understand you dont have 2 have a through knowledge of the pcm. It already has a tuning programm in but you can still customize it to an extend also it looks up some codes from what i have heard. No more running to a dealer every week.
Old 07-09-2003, 10:55 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

like an addict, I'm still looking for more power.
If you're this kind of person, IMHO you will be wasting your money on an HPP3. I bought one myself when I first got my car, but as I learned more and got more into the mods, I was sorry I wasted good money on it. I managed to get some of the money back out by selling it used and put it towards LS1edit. Check the "used" section on this board and others like the SLP board, and you'll find a bunch of them for sale cheap.
Old 07-09-2003, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cal, heads and cam are probably 2 years down the line, Gears even longer, so major mods are a long way off. Tires and rims are first ($$$$$). Although I agree that perhaps LS1 Edit is the best, I'm worried about that my lack of expertise will screw-up my PCM. BTW, where did you purchase your LS1 Edit?
Old 07-09-2003, 11:46 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also think it would be a waste for a M6. I think the Predator would better. But I have never used it.

I just sold my HPP and bought EDIT.

www.carputing.com sells EDIT
Old 07-09-2003, 03:36 PM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Cal, heads and cam are probably 2 years down the line, Gears even longer, so major mods are a long way off. Tires and rims are first ($$$$$). Although I agree that perhaps LS1 Edit is the best, I'm worried about that my lack of expertise will screw-up my PCM. BTW, where did you purchase your LS1 Edit?
Carputing is the only place you can get LS1edit.