taking vacation in May to Dallas. ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2008, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default taking vacation in May to Dallas. ideas?

My buddy and I are going to take some kind of vacation to Dallas around May 19-26.

We're planned on hitting up the PGA tour @ the Colonial, playing some golf, checking out the nightlife, shooting some pool, maybe checking out some fast go-kart type things and possibly looking around for sweet cars.

Is Six Flags fun for young adults? Any courses (low handicap golfers), cool sports bars/billiards places, go-kart places recommended? How about a hotel? Something not too luxurious/expensive but also not a run down place.

I know many of you live around the Dallas area. I'll be interested in some ideas? Thanks!

Last edited by candlelit; 01-30-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 01-30-2008, 06:06 PM
12 Second Club

nightlife.. freakin tons... LOL.. tons...
six flags is good for everyone... old adults, young adults.. whatever.. got some awsome coasters....... plus you can get your leg cut off on the superman tower of power.. LOLjk.

a few nice go-kart places.. speed zone, and a few others.. not sure of name..
as for the nightlife, will depend on what you want.. meat market, regular bar, dance club, thug dance club, hispanic dance club, maybe some boot scootin.....

will all depend... Tons of hotels man.. I would say google that ****.. some expensive some not... expensive to me is like 300... average out here is about 50 - 150 for non low life hotels....

I know some that you could get for like 25 dollars.. but you dont want those ones....LOL
as for sweet rides... tons here. before you come out start posting on here, and there will be plenty of heads to get a GTG together, meet some out of towners......

as for the golfing, I use to golf, but its a little pricey out here for me..
well its not bad.. I just dont have the patience anymore for golfing... rather be racing...
Old 01-30-2008, 07:05 PM
On The Tree

Jags!! haha
Old 01-30-2008, 07:23 PM
Teching In

I always take out of towners to The Clubhouse (stripclub.) Its BYOB, dont take cheap crap in there otherwise you will be ignored. Roll up with a nice bottle of vodka and tequila and you should have some ladies in your laps all night.

As for golf, my brother in law knows of a website you sign up for that will email you coupons to play super cheap at some of the nicer golf courses around here. Once he calls me back I will post the website. There is also that Tour 18 course or something like that. Each hole is a replica of famous holes from the best courses in the country and possibly world. I believe that is in Frisco, maybe a golfer could chime in and help me out there.

For nightlife its not just what you want but where you are at. Uptown, Greenville, Mockingbird Station, and Victory Park are all pretty close together. All places are cool but douchebaggery can be found at any of those places also.
Old 01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by WS 666
I always take out of towners to The Clubhouse (stripclub.) Its BYOB, dont take cheap crap in there otherwise you will be ignored. Roll up with a nice bottle of vodka and tequila and you should have some ladies in your laps all night.

As for golf, my brother in law knows of a website you sign up for that will email you coupons to play super cheap at some of the nicer golf courses around here. Once he calls me back I will post the website. There is also that Tour 18 course or something like that. Each hole is a replica of famous holes from the best courses in the country and possibly world. I believe that is in Frisco, maybe a golfer could chime in and help me out there.

For nightlife its not just what you want but where you are at. Uptown, Greenville, Mockingbird Station, and Victory Park are all pretty close together. All places are cool but douchebaggery can be found at any of those places also.
I am pretty sure tour 18 is members only but i am not forsure on that.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by irbs
I am pretty sure tour 18 is members only but i am not forsure on that.
If it is thats new cause I know quite a few people that have played it. I know there is a course next to it and that one might be.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

the coupon thing would be awesome. I know I'm signed up on those around here but I'm not sure how to find them for the D area. I've always wanted to play @ the Colonial but they have that tournament there so we'll have to find another place to play. We definitely have Speed Way on the list. but just don't know what to do or where to go in the evenings/night. I know we'll be looking for a really nice billiards place, and for other hang out places.
Old 01-30-2008, 09:56 PM
12 Second Club

I would agree with clubhouse...What you really do is roll up in there with Ira, his wife, and a few other girls.....
LOL

Since we know 1 over there.. LOL
is a buddies x....
and all the women over there love women...
always take a lady over to a stirp club, and you get alot of attention...
Old 01-30-2008, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Plenty of great courses for around 30 buck greenfee. It all depends where you're staying and I can tell you what courses are near.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Teching In

I would probably attend more GTGs if they ended at The Clubhouse.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would probably attend more GTGs if they ended at The Clubhouse.
lol. I'm guessing this is the nicest/classiest strip club around?
Old 01-31-2008, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by candlelit
lol. I'm guessing this is the nicest/classiest strip club around?

One of the nicer ones, not the best. Since it is BYOB it is full nude.
Old 02-01-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

go to Dick's Last Resort. that's always a blast!
Old 02-01-2008, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If Dallas is a vacation spot, I'm glad I don't live in Oklahoma.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by candlelit
My buddy and I are going to take some kind of vacation to Dallas around May 19-26.

We're planned on hitting up the PGA tour @ the Colonial, playing some golf, checking out the nightlife, shooting some pool, maybe checking out some fast go-kart type things and possibly looking around for sweet cars.

Is Six Flags fun for young adults? Any courses (low handicap golfers), cool sports bars/billiards places, go-kart places recommended? How about a hotel? Something not too luxurious/expensive but also not a run down place.

I know many of you live around the Dallas area. I'll be interested in some ideas? Thanks!
idea-go to austin instead
Old 02-01-2008, 04:15 PM
On The Tree

Last year i played tour 18, its usually one of the best courses for the price around but their greens were crappy for some reason cant remember why exactly. Just call and check the course conditions out before you go, its not members only. Ive also played at Doral out by denton and its a all right course depending on conditions. There are alot of nice courses around, if you want to go to clubs there is ft worth which is usually a little older crowd and deep ellum (dont think its spelled right) in down town dallas kinda. I would say try and go to a sports event, mavericks, or whatever is going on. Speed zone and 6 flags are fun for pretty much everyone. If you want to go to a 1 of a kind restaraunt there is the dome in dallas but its expensive.