View Full Version : Dodge Challenger Super Stock Drag car to be available within weeks!

2000Firehawk
01-31-2008, 10:31 AM
Maybe, just maybe, GM will give us our own 'body-in-white' that's 800 lbs lighter, with an LS9 in it, just for racing only......:burn:

Dodge Challenger Super Stock Drag car to be available within weeks!

http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html (http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html)

Dodge Challenger Super Stock Drag car to be available within weeks! According to oh20, a Challenger 800 pounds lighter than the production version will be available for racing. This will be a special factory package built for NHRA-sanctioned Stock Eliminator drag racing. Features will include a unique serial number sequence, variations of current Hemi and 5.9 liter Magnum engines, automatic or manual transmission, and special lightweight features including:

Lightweight front fascia support system
Composite lift-off hood with functional scoop
Lightweight cooling module with electric fan
Special modified drop-out front crossmember
Lightweight drag race-only front brake assembly
Seats to accommodate six-point harness
Special Body-in-White modified for drag racing This is one serious package that does away with such frills as windshield wipers, power windows, HVAC System, sound deadener and rear seats to create one lightweight and intense racing machine. Additional details will be available next week. Stay tuned to Allpar.com ... and please post this URL: http://www.allpar.com/cars/dodge/challenger.html

John02Hawk
01-31-2008, 11:02 AM
This thread doesn't seem to be in the right location, but good info.!

WECIV
01-31-2008, 12:10 PM
Seems in the right area to me...so we know our enemy.

So how much for this thing?

W

Sharpe
01-31-2008, 01:04 PM
800 pounds lighters and much cheaper at the same time would be great. Do I think that's going to happen? Hell no.

bad2000z
01-31-2008, 01:26 PM
I'll believe it when I sees it.

Hydramatic
01-31-2008, 01:39 PM
800 pounds lighters and much cheaper at the same time would be great. Do I think that's going to happen? Hell no.

If they DID make it cheaper, like oh, say, V6 Challenger price, I(and a lot of other people) would buy that shit in a heartbeat. Of course the government would have a shitfit.:eyes:

demon340v
01-31-2008, 03:51 PM
quite honestly for the price of the srt8 challengers right now i would figure their race verison seeing as it would have the larger Hemi in it as well would be closer to 50k

but seeing as how the dealers jack up the price because people will pay for it tack on another 10k to the sticker price.

and trust me it's an impressive Challenger that i personally think carries on the legendary name of Super Stock for MoPar.

if you hunt aroudn they have a video of their concept Super STock Challenger on the net they do a few test runs at the Vegas track.

mikey
01-31-2008, 04:46 PM
This is a bad a$$ car. I love the styling and what Chrysler has done with the larger hemi. I've been a mopar fan for 25 years. The sad part is that if you were to purchase one, you are limited in what you can do to it. There is presently no PCM software like HPT for these or other Chrysler vehicles. Once we are able to modify these cars like we can the GM vehicles, there will be one in my stable.

2002_Z28_Six_Speed
01-31-2008, 05:55 PM
MOPAR = more power.

demon340v
01-31-2008, 06:00 PM
This is a bad a$$ car. I love the styling and what Chrysler has done with the larger hemi. I've been a mopar fan for 25 years. The sad part is that if you were to purchase one, you are limited in what you can do to it. There is presently no PCM software like HPT for these or other Chrysler vehicles. Once we are able to modify these cars like we can the GM vehicles, there will be one in my stable.

Actually right off hand i can't recall the name fo the company by they are in Texas they reprogram the computers on the Hemi's anywhere from getting rid fo the 75% throttle on intital take off retune the tranny as well.

And the numbers they are laying down is awesome for just messing with the computer.

And there is another place here in Texas that will build up your HEMI with cam heads all internal stuff and make that engine drop into the 11's and 12's depending on what you want to spend on the motor. i will get you guys the links so you can check it out.

RitzBlitz
01-31-2008, 08:16 PM
Definately not production but here ya go anyway...

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y284/redfox0099/?action=view&current=CIMG1074.flv

ChaseSS
01-31-2008, 09:15 PM
Actually right off hand i can't recall the name fo the company by they are in Texas they reprogram the computers on the Hemi's anywhere from getting rid fo the 75% throttle on intital take off retune the tranny as well.

And the numbers they are laying down is awesome for just messing with the computer.

And there is another place here in Texas that will build up your HEMI with cam heads all internal stuff and make that engine drop into the 11's and 12's depending on what you want to spend on the motor. i will get you guys the links so you can check it out.

please post links... very interested

mzoomora
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
As cool as it would be for them to sell a factory drag car I doubt it will happen. I hope it does and then leads to a street legal version!

WECIV
02-01-2008, 09:36 AM
I am guessing it is not getting the lifetime warranty :p

W

JS
02-01-2008, 09:56 AM
No tuning...No biggie just call Dale Cherry at injection connection and have him wire in a BSIII and tune it and u have the best of both world,A Mopar and a Prgrammable PCM :)

Me,I would never own a Slopar ;)

lightemupnj
02-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Id buy that in a heartbeat

demon340v
02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
please post links... very interested

Here ya go!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=120457
11 second passes using their concept car ;) also has the 392 HEMI under the hood.

raptorws6
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
Very nice, maybe it will provoke GM to do the same.

Sharpe
02-01-2008, 07:55 PM
The chin spoiler on that satin black one fucking rocks.

http://a332.g.akamai.net/f/332/936/12h/www.edmunds.com//media/il/features/mods/drag.racing.dodge.challenger.concept/dodge.challenger.ss.f34.500.jpg

Lowered and tinted with wide 17"-18" black wheels would be sooo sexy... :drool:

I have to admit, if you could tune the stock PCM, I would be very, very torn between this car and the new Camaro. So, I'd like to thank Mopar for fucking up so royaly there. I mean, whoever said, "Hey, let's make it next to imposible for the aftermarket to tune this car," should not only be fired, but killed in a back alley. Stupid! :nono:

demon340v
02-01-2008, 08:07 PM
There are programmers out there for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's just ya got to know where to look and on top of that if you have the money to play.

OKcruising
02-01-2008, 08:57 PM
That satin black one is mean looking, but needs wider meats.

Sharpe
02-01-2008, 09:21 PM
There are programmers out there for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's just ya got to know where to look and on top of that if you have the money to play.No thanks. I'll stick with being able to go anywhere to have my car tuned and not have to pay an arm and a leg either.

Z ROADSTER
02-02-2008, 12:30 AM
I believe ford just announced a complete full race car available to the general public for $75,000.00 . Its a light weight Mustang -white in color with a 5.0 motor . Built for road racing . Also John Force has teamed up with Ford to build engines for funny-car & top -fuel vehicles .

Hydramatic
02-02-2008, 11:42 AM
...Super Stock Dodge is flyin' out in low,
But my fuel-injected Sting Ray's really started to go

LS1LT1
02-03-2008, 02:10 AM
I like it, I think it's awesome that Chrysler Corp is getting behind this car and promoting factory backed drag racing like in the old days. :cool: :drive:

Phoenix 5.7
02-03-2008, 02:18 AM
i think its great. Chrysler did this back in the day with hemi darts and the like. i think its awesome that Chrysler is doin this. Ford has their FR500 mustang road racer. wonder if GM will have anything like this.

demon340v
02-04-2008, 03:33 PM
i can only really think of MoPar offering factory race ready cars back in the older days. they had it with the Hurst Hemi dart and barracuda in 68 those cars still rule the Super Stock class in Drag Racing.

Jakes Dad
02-04-2008, 07:52 PM
Some how I can't see many folks here driving Cobalts..

98NATA
02-04-2008, 10:53 PM
It's pretty cool if they end up doing this, but i still think the car looks boring and dont really like it