Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek heads vs Trickflow heads

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 01:18 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cartek heads vs Trickflow heads

How does cartek 4x heads compare to TFS 215s? Which is better?
Old 02-01-2008, 07:17 PM
10 Second Club

For a 346 app, I'll go ahead and say TFS 215's are better

- aftermarket casting
- cnced, nothing against hand porting, just better lead times and easier quality control
- small intake runner
- work well throughout the country
- a variety of cams work well with them vs. super secret cam specs of Cartek
- room for improvement. you're going to receive the cartek heads as good as they get, you can always have someone massage the TFS for you and pick up more hp

I'm not flaming Cartek, they obviously put out a quality product, but the good results might have more to do with the cams they use and the excellent tuning they are known for rather than the heads themselves.

My advice, if you live by Cartek go with them. If you live elsewhere go with the TFS 215's
Old 02-02-2008, 01:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

You should look at who is running what with setups similar to yours. Are you out for max whp or best track times as they are not always the same? I know that when you talk to Cartek, they are all about making the car as fast in the 1/4 as possible. They have some impressive results to back it up too. However Top Fuel has an excellent point... they are secretive about their stuff. Living close to them and being able to drive there is a huge benefit. I am 2700 miles from them and support is difficult.

I have Cartek heads, cam and clutch and my car rips. Hasnt been to the track yet, that will happen in early March (weather sucks now) but my dyno results have been good. It is a neck snapper on the street.

Good luck bro.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:27 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Goldfinger, is yours for 1/4 mile setup? I'm looking at a similiar build, but a new house in Everett set me back a ton! I drive through Maply Valley once a week or so to the old ladies house I think for now, I'm going with some nice stage II heads, Fast intake (if they drop a lil in price) , can & headers. Then do a Texas speed short block when the current one acts up...
Old 02-02-2008, 11:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, mine is set up for the strip, but still actually very steetable. Runs great in traffic, hot or cold weather, gobs of torque, and revs to 7200rpm like a street bike. I recently switched from a FAST90 manifold to a ported Victor Jr and sheetmetal elbow. I noticed a nice increase in revs and power past 5500rpm.

Sorry to hijack the thread. Back on topic.

Originally Posted by xirxious
Hey Goldfinger, is yours for 1/4 mile setup? I'm looking at a similiar build, but a new house in Everett set me back a ton! I drive through Maply Valley once a week or so to the old ladies house I think for now, I'm going with some nice stage II heads, Fast intake (if they drop a lil in price) , can & headers. Then do a Texas speed short block when the current one acts up...