Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Sold....

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 11:35 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sold....

I had to do it.... Sold my z.... it was the only thing that I could do considering that im in college and cant get a parking pass for the next 2 years... I could drive it down here and park it on the streets in philly but... haha I wouldnt subject my baby to that... so now that I sold my z and my expedition spun a bearing i pretty much dont have a car.... here are my plans...

im looking to get a truck or jeep for around 10k (hopefully less so i have more to spend on a z or ta) and look for another z that has mostly preformance upgrades but for now im out of the game... probably gonna get another in about a year or 2, hopefully the new camaro will drop the prices of the old ones....

but if anyone has any ideas where i could get a solid good looking truck or jeep let me know.... also what kind? im leaning towards the dodge rams 03+ (the newer body style) or a 01+ silverado..... any ideas?

Still cant believe its gone:

Old 02-01-2008, 11:51 AM
FormerVendor

what college do you go too? couldnt you have left it at your parents house?
Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
formerly 2000blackcamaross (6-25-2013)

I love everything about your car except how far the exhaust tips stick out. It looks like you really took care of your car, I am confused why you would sell it and not put it in storage or keep it at your parents. Good luck with your future plans.
Old 02-01-2008, 11:57 AM
12 Second Club

Dude its cool, go to college and when you graduate, buy something cooler
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Im going to St. Joseph's University... not exactly in philly more on the outskirts and lower merion... I had a spot I could have put it in my parents garage and they wouldnt have minded but I have no time to drive it any more... plus I figured the value is just going to keep depreciating and I didnt want to drive it as a daily driver, especially in the rain/snow... I tried to trade it in for a truck over winter break but the dealership wasnt working with me. So I put it on craigs list and got more for the car than I ever expected and almost twice what the dealership offered.... In addition to all of this I thought that the car was pretty much going... If I had kept it I would have needed a new rear end pretty soon as it was pretty messed up...

In general I loved the car but it wasnt really fast enough for me and I kinda got bored with it. If I had kept it I would have had to put prob 2k into the rear and give or take 3-4k into the engine to get to the point that I wanted... I figure that Im just going to get a jeep(just found a nice 00 with 50k miles for about $5k) and wait until I have enough money to buy somthing nice with most of the preformmance work done, wether it is a 00-02 ta/z or somthing newer like a gto?
Old 02-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PA Z06
Dude its cool, go to college and when you graduate, buy something cooler
Thats my plan for now unless somthing good pops up...
Old 02-01-2008, 10:00 PM
TECH Resident

Not the way to go. You sold your baby only to get a non-high performance piece of **** later. I would rather be dead. But what's done is done and the bright side is that you haven't bought that piece of **** yet. Go look for another V8 f-body and don't make the same mistake twice.
Old 02-02-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Why not just buy a piece of **** beater and save a ton of cash? If your in college and wanting to wait until after school to get something awesome, just save your money.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Resident

Did you sell it with those wheels?
Old 02-02-2008, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, breaks my heart every time I see a F-Body sold for a gay truck or SUV. No way I could ever do that. Sorry for your loss..........

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 02-03-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:13 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Wow, breaks my heart every time I see a F-Body sold for a gay truck or SUV. No way I could ever do that. Sorry for your loss..........
I do plan to hopefully buy another z or ta when i graduate.... but for now i need somthing to go to and fro... and since i wouldnt drive my old camaro in the rain or snow why would I buy another and daily drive it? I only drove it on nice sunny days.... DO YOU drive your vett or z in the snow....?
Old 02-06-2008, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

I drive my Camaro and GTO in the show. In general, cars are tools, not investments. They're meant to be driven any time, any day.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by damon_Z
I drive my Camaro and GTO in the show. In general, cars are tools, not investments. They're meant to be driven any time, any day.
right, while I agree with that, i also believe that it isnt practical or safe to drive a camaro in the snow, you get no traction, dont have 4wd and are not the best car to be in in case of a crash... this is why i sold it, it just wasnt practical for me to have it now... instead of having it sit in the garage for 3 years and depreciate in value and need more maintance, i thought it would be best for me to sell it and get the cash that i could at least put in the bank or invest.... PLUS I FORGOT TO MENTION: I pretty much got a price that I and many others thought would never happen... $8500 for a car with 90k miles and needed some work....