Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another PCV Hose Question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another PCV Hose Question.

So I did my LS6 intake install this past weekend. After pulling my intake off, my rear driver side valve cover PCV hose snapped as it made the sharp angle as well as broke at the 2 to 1 connection.
My question now is that I ended up running a hose from the driver side port that sticks out of the valve cover (98) down to the PCV valve and back up to the other hoses at the throttle body. The only part left was the connection on the passenger side valve cover which I just capped off, is what I did okay for my car? I just read so many PCV questions but they all seem to involve getting a catch can.

Basically: does capping one point of the PCV system effect anything? Thanks
Old 02-01-2008, 02:50 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It should pull from both valve covers for stock OEM operation, but what you did is fine as long as there is fresh air source (filtered) which you get from the TB fitting & you kept the PCV valve intact.
Old 02-01-2008, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLewis4095
It should pull from both valve covers for stock OEM operation, but what you did is fine as long as there is fresh air source (filtered) which you get from the TB fitting & you kept the PCV valve intact.
That is a bit confusing. I do not have a breather filter. Basically just bypassed the connection on the passenger valve cover. Unless I can find a T fitting then im not sure how I can re-connect it to the others.
Old 02-01-2008, 04:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by E V I L
That is a bit confusing. I do not have a breather filter. Basically just bypassed the connection on the passenger valve cover. Unless I can find a T fitting then im not sure how I can re-connect it to the others.
You don't need one as your fresh air intake is pulled from the fiting on your TB so it is filtered by your main air filter. Your all good.
Old 02-02-2008, 08:42 AM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can get a Tfitting from Autozone or any other parts place. I would.
Old 02-02-2008, 09:43 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by litle88
You can get a Tfitting from Autozone or any other parts place. I would.
Agreed.