Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally decided on what I wanted... High RPM stealth cam recommendations?

Old 02-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally decided on what I wanted... High RPM stealth cam recommendations?

I have decided I want a stock-like idle and stock-like drivability. I also want something that would not require tons of tuning to pass emissions. It's really really really really really important that I pass the emissions for sure as I'll be taking my car to Korea, and I don't think there would be anyone that knows how to handle LSX engines. The customs won't let the car through w/o passing emissions... Currently, my car has built LS6 block and non-ported LS6 heads, custom CAI, 1 3/4" LTs, and 3" duals into 4" single exhaust. The valvetrain has been built to handle the Trex cam. I know I'm stepping down massively, but that really is the way I want to go about this. I really don't care if I lose 30rwhp over the currently setup.

Since the car is an RX-7 which is lightweight, I also want something that is high RPM oriented as I don't require as much torque down low like most of you guys. Actually, making too much torque down low means just roasting the tires for me... The engine has been built to rev up to at least 7500rpm safely, so I might as well use it as long as such cam can make power up to that point.

I think MTI Stealth II cam would fit the bill nicely, but if you guys have any other suggestions, be it any other cam or custom grind, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance

Search this Thread