Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Iron Block in 2005 C6 Vette - question

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2008, 03:19 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Iron Block in 2005 C6 Vette - question

Hello,

I have two vehicles, a TT C6 and a Nitrous'd 2002 TA.

Here is my question: I have an iron long block laying around that I want to build as a spare in case my 2005 TT C6 motor lets go OR my iron block in my TA lets go. Bascially, I want to have something laying around that can go into either of these two vehicles if I hurt the motor in one of them.

I am going to use Mahle flat tops, 6.125" rods, and the stock crank that came with the iron block I have at my house. My question is if BOTH my 05 C6 and my 02 TA use the same 24x reluctor wheel. Both of the motors are 4" bores, so the heads would easily transfer to the iron block from both vehicles. I am assuming the crank from the iron block would work in both models (the TA uses a Glide and the C6 is a T56 model).

What issues do you see with this plan? I would like to get my block off to the machine shop as soon as possible, so please let me know if there are any issues that I might encounter. I know that the LS2 and Iron motors use different front covers and that the location of the cam sensors is different, but that can be easily fixed. What I really want to know is what BIG issues might spring up from my plan.