Introductions & Greetings - fbody owner from IA

View Full Version : fbody owner from IA

01ArcticFormula
02-02-2008, 05:14 PM
hey hows everyone doin. im from iowa. im new to ls1tech, however i am not new to the well known f-body. im a member of the armed forces and ive been a proud owner of 2 f-bodies for a few years now. im am very knowledgeable on firebirds, camaros and corvettes but i know there is still much to learn. heres what i own so far....

1993 firebird formula - black, hardtop, A4, original rims, slp loudmouth II catback, hypertech chip, k&n c/a, 99-00 corvette computer module, msd wires, all royal purple synthetic fluids, wix filter....so far.
thinking about putting this one up for sale since im in school...its tough to keep up!

2001 firebird formula - arctic white, ttops, A4, loaded, ebony lthr, original rims, d/d borla catback(sounds mean as hell btw), slp ram air hood(not yet painted...still tryin to decide the color scheme), also have some parts purchased that havent been put on due to weather...so far.

...i havent yet taken these cars to the track, but i figure still close to factory times...93/13.8-14.0....01/12.9-13.3...thats my educated guess. both cars are in great shape too...always maintain changing of the fluids/washes and waxes! looking forward to hearing everones response...until then take care :chug:

sleepinghawk
02-03-2008, 07:41 PM
Welcome to the site! Nice rides

sworaz
02-04-2008, 10:23 AM
Welcome to the site. Post some pics up of your rides. Where in IA are you, I have family around Ames and Des Moines so I go there often.?

pddye
02-08-2008, 11:07 AM
Are you very close to cordova? That's usually where us from central Illinois head to.

Funkster
02-08-2008, 11:10 AM
As a fellow Iowan, I welcome you!

01ArcticFormula
02-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Welcome to the site! Nice rides
hey thanks...same to u...firehawks r sick

01ArcticFormula
02-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Welcome to the site. Post some pics up of your rides. Where in IA are you, I have family around Ames and Des Moines so I go there often.?
will do as soon as the weather gets a little better...this snow is really pissing me off lol. there both in storage now...maybe ill just get a pic in the building so u know what they look like? im from dubuque...im currently attending hawkeye cc in waterloo and then ill transfer to uni in cedar falls so im not too far from ames or dmoines. i hang around the quad city area as well.

01ArcticFormula
02-11-2008, 12:33 AM
Are you very close to cordova? That's usually where us from central Illinois head to.
im not too far away...im goin to school in cedar falls now. and im actually from the dubuque area so i know where its at....im much closer to earlville tho. ill def go down to cordova too this summer. i usually visit the clinton/dport area as well

01ArcticFormula
02-11-2008, 12:36 AM
As a fellow Iowan, I welcome you!
hey fellow iowan...whats happenin? wherer in ia are u at? im from dubuque but goin to school up in cedar falls

Funkster
02-11-2008, 01:04 AM
hey fellow iowan...whats happenin? wherer in ia are u at? im from dubuque but goin to school up in cedar falls

I am from Newton. Small town about 35 Miles west of Des Moines. I am thinking of trying to get some local F-body guys for a meet this spring probably in Des Moines. Know any more F-body guys in your area?

01ArcticFormula
02-11-2008, 02:00 PM
I am from Newton. Small town about 35 Miles west of Des Moines. I am thinking of trying to get some local F-body guys for a meet this spring probably in Des Moines. Know any more F-body guys in your area?
cool...yeah, i know where newton is at. buddy of mine i went overseas with is from there...jeremy reynolds?

yeah, i know a few guys...and gals with fbodies ;)

black97ss
02-11-2008, 02:12 PM

ive been out to newton before with my car, i go down there a few times a year to visit some friends, ill definately have to pm you next time i go down there with my car

rpmauto
02-11-2008, 02:14 PM
welcome to the site, lots of good people on here. I am not from Iowa, but the only tracks i seem to makt it to are, Cordova, Earlville, and Cedar falls, maybe i will see some of you guys there.

Unstang
02-11-2008, 02:30 PM
Another Iowan saying hello. :cool:

Funkster
02-11-2008, 02:43 PM
cool...yeah, i know where newton is at. buddy of mine i went overseas with is from there...jeremy reynolds?

yeah, i know a few guys...and gals with fbodies ;)

Name sounds really familiar. How old is he? I graduated in 05 and I think he is a few years older than me.

ive been out to newton before with my car, i go down there a few times a year to visit some friends, ill definately have to pm you next time i go down there with my car

Haha, that is ironic I used to go to SD all the time to see my girlfriend at SDSU. When she went to school there that is. Sounds good next time you are down give me a shout.

combatwombat25
03-31-2009, 08:11 AM
I'm currently in Dubuque. I see a few f-bods and there are at least 2 GTO's that I know of in town. Also there is a black CTS-V in Platteville.

mild2wild
03-31-2009, 08:15 AM
Welcome :) lookin forward to seeing pics of your cars!

IA2000SS
03-31-2009, 12:24 PM
welcome to the board im from the quad cities

histoy
04-30-2009, 08:39 AM
Hello My name is Brenda, Ive watched the sight for a while I guess Im just saying hello.:

Funkster
04-30-2009, 09:11 AM
Guys he has been a member for over a year now.

Someone was gravedigging.

SStriker
04-30-2009, 09:15 AM
Guys he has been a member for over a year now.

Someone was gravedigging.

lol....someone was bored.

01FbTaWs6
04-30-2009, 09:34 AM
lol, nice