Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Saftey Issue: Do i need DRs

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2008, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Saftey Issue: Do i need DRs

Hey guys. I am picking up my car from the shop thats doing the H/C package in my sig on friday and don't know whether or not i should get DRs. I had a set of nitto DRs on the car, but after the first pair wore out I got tired of buying tires and just put some decent all weather shoes on it. However, with an extra 100 rwhp (car should dyno around 440 rwhp) and lots of low end torque I am worried that the current tires will break loose around corners and during just regular every day driving. I would prefer to keep these tires, but not at the expense of saftey.
Old 02-04-2008, 11:12 AM
On The Tree

You should be fine as long as you don't get on it in the corners. Just drive normally/conservatively and you'll be ok. But if you do get on it, you'll need a stickier tire to get that power to the ground. I had Nitto NT555 ZR's on my '94 Z and had no problem hooking and never lost it around a turn
Old 02-04-2008, 11:27 AM
On The Tree

I run regular F1 GSD3s on my car and have no problems. It all depends how you drive. I tend to stay off it through the first 3 gears so it works out.