Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Brand new clutch problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Brand new clutch problem

I had a Ram Powergrip,billet steel flywheel,and slave cylinder put in my 2000 SS about a month ago and driving on the highway i am just about to shift from 5th to 6th and my clutch pedal went to the floor,i got all the clutch smoke in my car and there is fluid coming from the front of the trans.I am being told that if this fluid gets slung all over my brand clutch set up then it will be useless,i spent about 750 bucks on all this crap, please tell me it aint so.The only thing that is left to break is a master right?Also, as soon as this happened there was a loud screaching noise that sounded like metal on metal and it was very loud.So how screwed am i ?.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 AM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well...the fluid coming from the bell housing is pretty likely originating from a popped slave-cylinder. Hydraulic fluid and clutches do not mix and as such, if it has gotten all over your disc then yeah...you will need to replace it. You can clean the plate and flywheel up and should be able to reuse them without issue. That being said all you can do is pull the clutch out and go from there. Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks!