Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

fuel pump for ls carb/fi

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 07:07 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

Default fuel pump for ls carb/fi

is there a fuel pump that can be used for an ls w/carb, then later switched over to fi-i am starting my ls conversion out (6.0 with procharger) on a carb., then later i plan on switching over to fi, if my brain can take it-would be nice to have a pump that would handle both-i know the a1000 claims it can run carb or fi, of course the reg would need to be changed-my fuel tank has a
1/2" in/out, so i will be using an external pump-thanks
and dont tell me to start out on fi, aint gonna happen-lol
Old 02-07-2008, 08:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, you could try to do that pump. Not exactly sure if it will work. But, if it creates to much flow, you could always double regulate for the carb. Just have the initial regulator set at say 35psi, and then the second set at 9-12psi.

That would work out for you. Make sure the first regulator is big enough to use only it when you feel like switching over to EFI.

P.S.Just start with EFI so you won't have to worry about it!!!! LOL JK
Old 02-07-2008, 09:09 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 228 Likes on 161 Posts

i have used the a1000 on prior blowthru carb setups, using the carb return reg, was mainly curious if it would work with enough pressure for fi (so their site claims) i know not having enough pressure might make higher flowing injectors seem smaller, so want to make sure what i end up with will work-worse comes to worse, i'll just buy another pump for fi, cost is gonna be high anyway-lol
Old 02-07-2008, 10:25 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

We are running our EFI'd Methanol 427 sprint car on that pump at 70PSI, so I hope it works.

Quick Reply: fuel pump for ls carb/fi