Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C5 Z06 Wheels on 69 Camaro?????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C5 Z06 Wheels on 69 Camaro?????????

So today to see what it looked like we tried to test fit my 17x9.5 Z06 wheels with 275 BFGs on my friends 69 Camaro. We got the front wheels on and tried to put the rear wheels on and they wouldnt fit. We jacked it from the rear axle so it compressed the suspension so much it wouldnt go on, but we didnt try jacking it anyother way just because it looks like there was no room in the back. So we ditched that idea and just to see how the clearence was in the front we turned the wheels left and right and the wheels hit on the A arms before it got all the way to the lock. So my main question is what would have to be done to make them fit is there another size that would fit??
Old 02-07-2008, 10:45 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

old cars have a deep (negative) offset.

newer cars have a shallow (positive) offset.

To fit newer style wheels, you would need something like a 2" billet wheel spacer. Not very safe, and it doesn't look right since the brakes are several inches back behind the wheel. Take advantage of that old car negative offset and get some deep dish wheels, they look better.
Old 02-08-2008, 12:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
old cars have a deep (negative) offset.

newer cars have a shallow (positive) offset.

To fit newer style wheels, you would need something like a 2" billet wheel spacer. Not very safe, and it doesn't look right since the brakes are several inches back behind the wheel. Take advantage of that old car negative offset and get some deep dish wheels, they look better.
Ya i did notice that when we had them on, thanks for the advice.

Quick Reply: C5 Z06 Wheels on 69 Camaro?????????