Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wrapping alot of my threads up

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 11:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Wrapping alot of my threads up

Alright, lately I've been going through alot of changes in my winter H/C project turned forged internals/nitrous project. I've been posting alot of questions as I want to make sure it's done right the first time and have gotten quite a bit of negative feedback and criticism from various members on this board. So I wanted to take this thread and wrap everything up that I have planned out.

I started out just wanting to do H/C and rod bolts. So I pulled the motor and tore into it. While in there I decided that since I had a recent oil pump problem that I should really check all of my bearings out and see what kind of condition they were in. While there I found that alot of the bearings had gotten pretty overheated and needed to be replaced.

I wanted to spray around a 300 shot of nitrous in the future and decided that now would be a great time to do forged internals since I am in here anyways and do not want to pull the motor again any time soon. So plans changed, and this is what I decided to do....

PRC 5.3 2.5's milled to 59cc, MS4 camshaft, Fast 90/90, Diamond Forged Pistons with -2cc reliefs, Eagle rods with ARP 2000 rod bolts. In the near future I will be going with a direct port nitrous system and be spraying about a 300 shot. I am looking for a 9 second car out of all of this. I will also be going with a built tranny and probably a 4200 stall. I will probably spin the motor to around 7000 RPM.

As for the motor, it is currently at the machine shop and I will be replacing all of the bearings in the motor now that the oil pump issue is fixed. The block is getting cleaned and magnafluxed, the crank is getting polished and miced and the cylinders are getting honed to fit the pistons. When my rods and pistons get here I will be taking everything to another shop and getting the entire rotating assembly balanced. Then when this is all done I will bring everything back and start putting everything back together.

I'm actually pretty excited about this setup and am very confident that I will be very satisfied with the end result.

Anyways, I know it was long but I just wanted to wrap all of the treads up that I've been writing lately. Thanks to everyone who volunteered CONSTRUCTIVE advice. I will keep everyone who is interested up to date throughout my build.

Take care!
Drew