Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Vortech overheating? Aftercooler or innercooler?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Vortech overheating? Aftercooler or innercooler?

well i have a lt1 supercharged but previous owner told me with ac it over heats and with out the ac condensor it doesnt over heat. I want the ac to be on, but thinkin if i but the aftercooler or innercooler kit it might help the cool down. Just wondering if i can get ur guys input. id rather have someone install a custom fmic and piping for a couple hundred then the lil water to air mini cooler. it will be a daily driver and will c very minimal track time. All input will be help .
Old 02-09-2008, 08:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What exactly is "overheating"? I think you are saying that the engine is overheating with the AC on and the blower. If thats the case, its pretty common, as most of us FI guys experience higher engine temps after going the FI route. Intercooling and aftercooling or even meth injection will simply lower your IAT's and keep you away from detonation in your car (which is a good thing). However it won't really solve your running hot situation.

Best thing you can do to keep the engine running cooler is to get an aftermarket radiator. This solves most guys issues just by doing this alone. Some also have upgraded the fans to aftermarket fans as well. Do those two things, along with keeping your cooling system clean and full, and I doubt you'll be running into overheating problems with the engine anymore, even with running the AC.

If I didn't read your post properly, and you are saying something else is overheating, let me know, and sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u solved my answer. it engine temp over heats with the ac on and without the ac it runs fine. so a new radiator and bigger fans. got it. thanks for the details homie.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem

Quick Reply: Vortech overheating? Aftercooler or innercooler?