Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

130+ on moser 9

Old 02-10-2008, 07:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default 130+ on moser 9

so i installed my moser 9(with 3 channel abs) inch last weekend
finally got it broke in on my way down to a fbody meet and on the way home(1.5 hour drive) decided to do a little racing with my cobra friend and i noticed a few things
1 lots of noise at 130+ mph not gear noise but lots of noise(i think i need to clearence the ta some more)
2 once i get above 130 the low trac light comes on
3 anydriving farther than it seems like 25 miles my abs light comes on
Old 02-10-2008, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Posi, locker, spool?
Old 02-10-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

truetrak and 411 gears
could the gears make the abs be wacky
Old 02-10-2008, 09:43 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you need to scan the abs system and see what the failure code is before we can offer advice. there many things that could cause your light to come on. get it checked out and come back.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ssvert99
you need to scan the abs system and see what the failure code is before we can offer advice. there many things that could cause your light to come on. get it checked out and come back.
what do you use to scan the abs system ive never heard of this
Old 02-10-2008, 10:34 PM
FormerVendor

ABS light could be contributed to calibration of the speedometer. The computer only knows what you tell it. If it thinks you have stock gearing, that could be throwing the code. The noise above 130 could be anything, gears, bearings, hard to say. Is it a growl or a whining noise?

Jeff
Old 02-10-2008, 11:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

noise was not really gear or bearing noise more like road noise but with the volume turn way up (the ta needs more clearncing done so i think it maybe transfering the noise inside the car)
Old 02-10-2008, 11:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
what do you use to scan the abs system ive never heard of this
you need a scanner for on-board diagnostics...

something like a Snap-on or a OTC brand tool that plugs into the ODBII diagnostic port under the dash. most repair shops will have one, as well as a GM dealer.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:21 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 once i get above 130 the low trac light comes on
3 anydriving farther than it seems like 25 miles my abs light comes on
It sounds like the sensor height from the ring needs to be adjusted. Give us a call at 260 244-4808 when you get a chance. Bob
Old 02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
It sounds like the sensor height from the ring needs to be adjusted. Give us a call at 260 244-4808 when you get a chance. Bob
well be lazy (not making the effort to figure out why this is happening) has actully helped me out for once!!!
none of this was the rear(i assumed it was since id just put it in)
and was actully a bad front wheel bearing that made itself very apprent when i was going for a cruise
bob thanks for the help and sorry for blaming it on the rear btw what gear oil does moser recommend??
Old 02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
TECH Addict

well be lazy (not making the effort to figure out why this is happening) has actully helped me out for once!!!
and was actully a bad front wheel bearing that made itself very apprent when i was going for a cruise
bob thanks for the help and sorry for blaming it on the rear btw what gear oil does moser recommend??
Nothing quite like 130MPH to make one of those show their ugly face.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Silverado05
Nothing quite like 130MPH to make one of those show their ugly face.

LOL.. No doubt.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

I'm glad the noise was just a wheel bearing. The new Moser torque arm had plenty of clearance on my Camaro, I can't imagine you having clearance problems. Here is what Moser says regarding their new torque arm.

Made from 4130 chrome-moly material the new M9 Torque Arm Assembly is able to withstand what ever a high-horsepower racer can throw at it. Patterned after the same style setup used in today’s Pro Mod cars, the Moser M9 Torque Arm Assembly is not intended for the daily driver, but is manufactured with the 10 second cars and faster in mind.

The Torque Arm is constructed with 1.25” o.d. 4130 chrome-moly, all joints and connections, including the 4130 chrome-moly threaded tube adapters are TIG welded.

The Moser M9 Torque Arm Assembly utilizes a unique sliding front mount that allows the torque arm to slide enabling the torque arm to move freely and not bind, which would impair the overall handling of the car. The front slider tube has a grease fitting which allows proper lubrication.

The rear torque arm itself mounts proprietarily to the M9 Housing via 3/16” thick mounting plates with two

The entire M9 F-Body Torque Arm Assembly utilizes existing mounting points, totally eliminating welding or additional fabrication.

You want to use a non synthetic 80/90 weight gear lube. Posi additive is not required with the Truetrac. Thanks! Bob
Old 02-22-2008, 06:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Exotic Performance Plus
I'm glad the noise was just a wheel bearing. The new Moser torque arm had plenty of clearance on my Camaro, I can't imagine you having clearance problems. Here is what Moser says regarding their new torque arm.

Made from 4130 chrome-moly material the new M9 Torque Arm Assembly is able to withstand what ever a high-horsepower racer can throw at it. Patterned after the same style setup used in today’s Pro Mod cars, the Moser M9 Torque Arm Assembly is not intended for the daily driver, but is manufactured with the 10 second cars and faster in mind.

The Torque Arm is constructed with 1.25” o.d. 4130 chrome-moly, all joints and connections, including the 4130 chrome-moly threaded tube adapters are TIG welded.

The Moser M9 Torque Arm Assembly utilizes a unique sliding front mount that allows the torque arm to slide enabling the torque arm to move freely and not bind, which would impair the overall handling of the car. The front slider tube has a grease fitting which allows proper lubrication.

The rear torque arm itself mounts proprietarily to the M9 Housing via 3/16” thick mounting plates with two

The entire M9 F-Body Torque Arm Assembly utilizes existing mounting points, totally eliminating welding or additional fabrication.

You want to use a non synthetic 80/90 weight gear lube. Posi additive is not required with the Truetrac. Thanks! Bob

lol bob i dont have a M9 lol
just a regluar 9 inch with 3channle abs lol
Old 02-22-2008, 06:22 PM
11 Second Club

yea if a wheel speed sensor or sensors differ dramatically the abs inop light will come on, also traction control will be disabled. light will turn off on next ignition cycle untill it sees it again.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:36 PM
Launching!

He doesn't miss to many chances to advertise
Old 02-23-2008, 02:42 AM
EPP
FormerVendor

Thumbs up

lol bob i dont have a M9 lol
just a regluar 9 inch with 3channle abs lol
Oops, sorry. I thought when you meant when you said you had a Moser 9 than you meant you had a Moser M9. On the Moser nine inch we do have to sometimes add a little clearance for the torque arm, by way of sticking a pry bar up in there. On the new Moser M9, I don't think you'd ever run into that situation, which is why I posted that info. Bob

Search this Thread