Northwest Members WA, OR, ID, MT, WY, SD, ND

WA seems to have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WA seems to have a problem

I'll never forget the three recounts it took to win Christine Gregoire her governorship.

Now the Huckster wants to know why vote totals were being called for John McCain with only 86% of the votes counted. The turn out was so low that people are wondering how anyone could possibly determine the outcome before everything was said and done. The difference between the two candidates was around 200--a very VERY small margin.

Fox News has learned that the Huckabee campaign has called for a “full investigation” into the Washington State Caucus results, and are sending campaign lawyers to the state to help in that pursuit. Ed Rollins, Huckabee campaign chairman, directly challenged Washington State GOP Chairman Luke Essers move in anounncing that John McCain had won the tight race with only 87.2 percent of the votes counted.

“The chairman showed very bad judgement in stopping the voting last night when announcing John McCain had won, when there was less that a 200 vote margin between the two candidates,” Rollins told Fox in an exclusive interview.” You never announce a vote, in my 40 years of politics I have never know anybody to announce a vote count before the vote is counted.”

Rollins was quick to say that they were not accusing the McCain campaign of any impropriety but that their issue was soley with the Esser’s “bad judgement”.

Fox News was given unprecedented access to a strategy session today, with the Huckabee campaign inner circle. Ed Rollins, the national campaign chairman, lead the meeting where the main topic was how to challenge the Washington caucus results. Rollins also said their attorneys have attempted to contact Essers but as of this writing he had not returned their phone calls.

According to the state tally,McCain won 26 percent of delegates, Huckabee garnered 24 percent.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:54 PM
Tech Addict

I'll never forget those 3 recounts either. Pathetic.

Figures, there's so much bs and palm greasing politics in this state I don't even pay attention anymore.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Yet another counting debacle. Maybe they should go back to school. 1+1=2, 2+2=4. Its really not that hard.
Old 02-10-2008, 11:19 PM
Staging Lane

Should have voted for the only one who has promised to take us back to what the founding fathers based this country on. Check out the sig below.
Old 02-11-2008, 01:29 AM
TECH Regular

^ How would this have changed anything? What are you talking about?

He'd probably get more support if he ran for President of the Internet... seeing that its 'founding father' has gone on to create global warming.

Last edited by OSUBraden; 02-11-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 02-11-2008, 12:09 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by The Manalishi
Yet another counting debacle. Maybe they should go back to school. 1+1=2, 2+2=4. Its really not that hard.
What's funny about that is there was a senator (forget the states) a few months back who actually gave a lecture on addition and subtraction, when it came to tax cuts, to the entire senate. Hahahaha. He even had visual aids with the exact thing you posted "1+1=2"

Hahaha
Old 02-11-2008, 01:37 PM
On The Tree

Yeah the three counts in the WA governor race was so pathetic it puts us in the same boat with Florida and Ohio. Now you have to mark the absentee ballot with your party preference and the ballot has a number attached so they can send your name to the party headquarters. No thanks mother Russia.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

We should just vote, count the **** up and the one with most votes at the ends wins.
How ******* hard is that?
Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM
TECH Veteran

True Mikey, it ain't rocket science and wasn't intended to be.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
We should just vote, count the **** up and the one with most votes at the ends wins.
Seems pretty easy to me!
Old 02-11-2008, 04:36 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats not how politics work, ya'll know that by now. Want something totally convoluted and assbackwards and corrupt just add a politician.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by My1st Truck
It seem like that would be the easy solution. Here's a quote from a 20th Centrury dictator that really addresses the issue...

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing.
Those who count the votes decide everything."
Communist Tyrant and mass murderer Josef Stalin

Last edited by NWDragRacer; 02-11-2008 at 05:03 PM.

Quick Reply: WA seems to have a problem