Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what to do?

Old 02-11-2008, 06:48 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default what to do?

i have a lm1 catback and elctric cutout w/stainless steel y pipe. is it worth installing both?if not which one should i get rid of?basically which one would i see a better performance gain from w only having volant cai and ported throttle body,and the only other performance mod is gonna be ls6 intake and tune?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

get rid of the lm1 as it will sound like **** when you start putting more mods on. The cutout on the stock system will give you good gains.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:11 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
get rid of the lm1 as it will sound like **** when you start putting more mods on. The cutout on the stock system will give you good gains.
According to you it will sound like ****. I have heard a LM1 with headers and its loud, hence the name Loud Mouth. With the LM Exhaust you will gain tq and HP. Depending where the cutout is you will lose hp/tq and gain hp/tq... Typically you will not gain both with a cutout. I noticed a huge low end loss when I put one on my LT1.

Search this Thread