Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Is this a Problem? UMI PHB Rod End

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Is this a Problem? UMI PHB Rod End

I recently purchased several suspension pieces from UMI, their double adjustable PHB being one of them. Out of the box I noticed that one of the adjustable rod ends is missing some of the bushing material around the outer perimeter. I have included a picture to show the area I am concerned about. I just want to know if this could cause problems in the performance of the PHB.

Thanks for the help!

Old 02-12-2008, 09:31 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That little black piece missing wouldn't be enough to cause me concern, but if you are worried about it, give them a call. I'm sure they'd replace it for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the reply, I figured it may just be more of a cosmetic issue and not really be a concern as far as performance is concerned. I went ahead and PMed UMI to see what they say about the issue.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:29 PM
On The Tree

Default UMI-Another Happy Customer

I just wanted to update this thread. I PMed Ryan to ask his opinion on the condition of the rod end discussed above. He immediately said that he would replace it, no questions asked and sent a new one out to me in the mail. Even though the missing piece of Teflon bushing may have not been an issue, Ryan went the extra distance to make sure that UMI had another happy customer.

Anyone considering buying suspension parts I would highly recommend UMI as many others have. I have dealt with many car part companies over the years, and this type of service is unfortunately far from common.

Thanks Ryan and UMI.
Old 02-25-2008, 06:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep, they help anyone out and go the extra mile. they took good care of me with my parts i would deffinately do business again with them.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:18 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

No problem Chad and everyone else. I am hear to help and a build a good business relationship with our customers.

Thank you!
Ryan

Quick Reply: Is this a Problem? UMI PHB Rod End