New cts-v is bad!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New cts-v is bad!

I was at wal mart last night looking at magazines, and read some articles on the new ctsv. The car basically has the ls9 with a few differences, like wet sump, steel rods, and lower compression. Supposed to be around 550hp. They were calling it cadzilla, and they said the rear end was upgraded to stop axle hop and breaking half shafts. Estimated 60,000. What i'm wondering is, will that engine find it's way into the camaro? If so I think i will have to sell the vette and get in line with everyone else.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

I am looking to do a lease on one of these cars. They are quite spectacular.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:05 AM
Teching In

That would be awesome, I would def. purchase a new LS9 Camaro.....
Old 02-12-2008, 11:09 AM
Banned

Sorry don't think it'll be in the Camaro. The LS9 is the top of the line engine for the Vette owners. Until it loses its "KING" status they will not put it into a sub class vehicle to the Vette. Imagine all the hell the Vette owners would waste for spending all that senseless bloody money? Just think...where is our LS7? CONCEPT CAR ONLY!
Old 02-12-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

For a second I thought you meant literally bad. I was like no way man.
Old 02-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Cantalope Kid
Sorry don't think it'll be in the Camaro. The LS9 is the top of the line engine for the Vette owners. Until it loses its "KING" status they will not put it into a sub class vehicle to the Vette. Imagine all the hell the Vette owners would waste for spending all that senseless bloody money? Just think...where is our LS7? CONCEPT CAR ONLY!
Maybe, but they put it in a caddy, and if it is detuned i dont think it would infringe too badly. Plus the vette will still be faster due to weight aerodynamics gearing yada yada yada. A camaro would probably be faster if it had an ls7 and a few carbon fiber pieces to lighten it up, vs the added weight and complexity of the lsa setup. Ls3 camaro's will be bad enough when modded though.
Also some people wrote in letters at the beginning about the gtr numbers being false, and how the power to weight numbers were off if the car is supposed to be faster than a zo6. I thought it was funny, and have been wondering myself how a car with power to weight numbers like a gt500 is faster than a zo6, and traps 149 in the 1/4 (which is obviously wrong).