Damn dealer......

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Damn dealer......

Here we go again. Well, my car is in the final stages of getting done and the shop that it was at could not get it started after they replaced the fuse/relay box in the engine bay. So, they took it to the dealer for that reason. Well, i got off the phone with the service rep at the dealer and he told me that they had to replace the starter cuz it was fried and that the connections on the fuse box was jacked up. Funny thing was that it was running at the shop when they got it there. Also, they said something about my motormount bolt, they had to shim it, whatever that means. Still dont see what all that was about. Im going tomorrow during lunch to go check it out. Dont really trust these guys around my car. I just want my car back all rigged!!! Sorry, just had to vent a little!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

someones getting pwned
Old 02-12-2008, 06:34 PM
12 Second Club

yeah dude that does not sound right.. sounds like some *** screwed up and was like, oh ****... and they could not fix it...
Old 02-12-2008, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats what im saying. Im gonna check everything that I can when i get there. I had to have died at the shop. They towed it to the dealer. Im gonna get to the bottom of this!!
Old 02-12-2008, 06:43 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by blkbird
Thats what im saying. Im gonna check everything that I can when i get there. I had to have died at the shop. They towed it to the dealer. Im gonna get to the bottom of this!!
go rip their asses.. cuz I would not be happy if I drove my car to a shop, and they end up having to tow it to a dealer.
Old 02-12-2008, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

And ill be damed if they try to stick me or my insurance with extra charges for this!! Ill be taking pic of all the stuff they have done also. I took pics of it after the accident before they towed to the body shop also. I bought this car brand new and I know what all has been done to it cuz ive been the one doing all the work!
Old 02-13-2008, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, I just got back from the dealer and cleared everything up. When the "shop" tried to replace the fuse box wiring, they pulled the pins out and jabbed them in the new one and some of them were not in the right place. Nothing wrong with motormounts and got a new starter. So now they are trying to fix the wiring without having to get a complete new harness, cuz that would take forever to install. The guy working on my car is doing a pretty good job of figuring out the wiring. While it is there, I told them to make sure the coolant levels were goood(get all the air out of the cooling system) and to recharge the a/c. Othere than that, the car looks awesome. I will post some pics when I get home.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glad to hear that lex!! hey what stealership did they take it too? did your write down the mileage if you possibly could have? u dont want them fools joyridin your car, especially it being modded!!!
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
glad to hear that lex!! hey what stealership did they take it too? did your write down the mileage if you possibly could have? u dont want them fools joyridin your car, especially it being modded!!!
They took it to Tom Benson off San Pedro. I taked to the tech that is working on it and he seemed pretty cool. The mileage is on the repair estimate the body shop gave me. Its looking pretty good though.