Clemens on the hill today....

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 01:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clemens on the hill today....

Anybody been listening in?

My opinion:

I think it's pretty obvious that Clemens is lying. McNamee is no saint and his creditbility has come under fire, but I believe him about what he says about Clemens. Also, I think it's pretty clear that some of these panel members are clearly on Clemen's side, you can tell who asks him the tough questions and who tries to focus on McNamee.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

clemens is guilty
Old 02-13-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

His wife even took HGH given to her by McNamee.
It definitely isn't looking good for Roger.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i havent been paying attention. but if clemons was f&ckin guilty, why hasnt it been proven yet? the same goes with barry bonds? they have been accusing him for roids for like 2-3 years and he still hasnt been proven guilty.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
i havent been paying attention. but if clemons was f&ckin guilty, why hasnt it been proven yet? the same goes with barry bonds? they have been accusing him for roids for like 2-3 years and he still hasnt been proven guilty.
A. His name is Clemens.
B. Barry admitted to taking "The Clear and The Cream".
Old 02-13-2008, 01:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TXZ28LS1
Clemens has the $$$ to fight this. Bonds has admitted guilt.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he is still guilty and will be fucked in the end. how the hell does your wife get injected with hgh and you dont know a damn thing about it and your the baseball player and knows more about it and around it.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter_Z28
Clemens has the $$$ to fight this. Bonds has admitted guilt.

bonds did admit to it!! damn!! what bout that phone conversation clemens had with that guy that clemens made public?
Old 02-13-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Enthusiast

his best friend pettitie threw his *** under the bus also.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by highheat99
his best friend pettitie threw his *** under the bus also.
not really man, he just told the truth. If I have 3 letter agencies wanting to talk to me I'm telling the truth no matter what.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

not really man, he just told the truth. If I have 3 letter agencies wanting to talk to me I'm telling the truth no matter what.
i agree but he is just shows even more that clemens is lying.
Old 02-13-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Junkie

It's funny. You read the blog on Yahoo sports, ESPN, or Sports Illustrated, and they're all talking about how this has largely been a bad day for Clemens. You read Richard Justice's blog on the Barnacle, and his entries lead you to believe McNamee is being outed as a big, fat liar and that Clemens is going to be exonerated any minute now.

Maybe someone should ask Richard Justice about the abscess on Clemens' ***.

-Mike
Old 02-13-2008, 01:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Been listening to it all morning just cause I normally listen to sportsradio 610 on my computer I-Tunes at work.

Personally I could care less, never been a Clemens fan at all. Tax Dollars hard at work there on the hill. I have felt that Clemens was lying and still kinda do, but Mcnamee seems like a real piece of work himself so who knows.

As far as some of the members focusing on Mcnamee and being on Clemens side, I don't know. It seems that alot look at Clemons as a hero, but there has been a lot of focus on him also. Alot of its just the same questions over and over.

I had to turn it off for a while when the ladies kept asking what he thought about the Mitchell report and how it was written. Jeez, how the hell do you think he likes it?
Old 02-13-2008, 02:44 PM
TECH Regular

I watched the entire thing on ESPN. I gotta say this was some circus, and Clemens has gotta be paying his boys some serious dough. First off as far as who was grilling Clemens and Mcnamee... it was totally opposite. 100% of the Clemens fans were Republican and 100% of the Mcnamee fans were Democrat. They all asked some semi-good questions, and some really retarded questions, but the day seemed to drag because they were all asking the same questions for those that dont know, they made an announcement at the beginning that they would be in and out because of votes taking place that they needed to tend to so not everyone was in the room at the same time and at several times looked like there were only 5 or 6 Committee members there out of 40. I wont give a review of the entire 4hours 40minutes of the deal, but I will say that there is something about a former cop that gets a fake phd then sells illegal drugs to rich people then rolls on them that just doenst scream honesty to me.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:21 PM
12 Second Club

I don't really know what to say on the whole situation but I do know they made McNamee look like a dumb **** by getting him to admit that he lied about numerous things. I don't know how many times I counted when they asked him was this a lie from you and he said yes. And at one point he said he felt guilty and hadn't given steroid injections since 02' and when another guy asked him to confirm this he adjusted it by claiming no ball players since 02'. To me it seems like Rog held his own better than McNamee in court today. However it looked bad when they admitted to talking to one of the witnesses before the trial or hearing or whatever. I've got a feeling Rog did take steroids but I think they are doing a shitty job trying to get this charged to him...
Old 02-13-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Regular

Clemens has always been a pretty stand up guy. I tend to believe him. I think McNamee is getting a lot of notoriety that he otherwise wouldn't have and he's eating off of it.. I think he's been ill advised. Admittedly, I haven't followed this in it's entirety but again, I don't think Clemens is guilty. JMO

At least I hope not, he's a good guy. Dad's side of my family knows his fam and they seem genuine. His nephew on the other hand..... I won't even comment but he's been in trouble with things in the past..
Old 02-13-2008, 03:39 PM
TECH Regular

Also, I think it was BS that they allowed Pettite to no-show today. All of the Mcnamee lovers used Pettite as the crux of their "Clemens is a liar" banter. Clemens introduced doubt in minds with the whole "misunderstood what I said" deal and I think he (Pettite) should have been there to be able to answer to that.
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DSIM
Also, I think it was BS that they allowed Pettite to no-show today. All of the Mcnamee lovers used Pettite as the crux of their "Clemens is a liar" banter. Clemens introduced doubt in minds with the whole "misunderstood what I said" deal and I think he (Pettite) should have been there to be able to answer to that.
Introduced doubt in who's mind? While McNamee obviously has credibility issues, this has been known for a while. You can't ignore some of the facts; pettite and multiple other players have VERIFIED what McNamee said was true, roger says that he was talking about his wife in the 99-00 conversation w/ pettite, BUT clemens said in his deposition that his wife used for the 2003 SI article...this makes it impossible that he was talking about his wife in 99-00 w/ pettite, Clemens nanny has confirmed that Clemens was indeed at the Canseco party, plus numerous other things.

It's pretty obvious that Roger is dirty....
Old 02-13-2008, 03:46 PM
10-Second Club

Who cares, spend our tax dollars on more important issues instead of wasting them on media crap like this. God this country is going to hell in a hand basket.
Old 02-13-2008, 04:05 PM
TECH Regular

Introduced doubt in who's mind? While McNamee obviously has credibility issues, this has been known for a while. You can't ignore some of the facts; pettite and multiple other players have VERIFIED what McNamee said was true, roger says that he was talking about his wife in the 99-00 conversation w/ pettite, BUT clemens said in his deposition that his wife used for the 2003 SI article...this makes it impossible that he was talking about his wife in 99-00 w/ pettite, Clemens nanny has confirmed that Clemens was indeed at the Canseco party, plus numerous other things.

It's pretty obvious that Roger is dirty....

Credibility issues? Lets see, he was not charged in Florida but was noted that he had lied to police investigators. He first said Pettite and Clemens had not taken PED's because he wanted to protect them.. yet had so little trust in Clemens that he had to hold on to some old needles for 5-7 years.... and every time he has talked to investigators the number of injections given to Knoblauch and Clemens has changed, increased actually. Sure he got Pettite and Knoblauch right... but isnt it possible that a liar can lie?

I heard every word of the nannies deposition. Nowhere did it implicate that Roger was there. His wife and kids were there, as he indicated in his testimony. His wife was dropped off there after his round of golf and then he had to get to the stadium for the game. Never mind Canseco, Canseco's ex-wife, the broad casters of the game that night and the other NUMEROUS sources that were at the party that said that Clemens WAS NOT there. Not even the nanny was sure if Roger was there. That makes Mcnamee the only one to see Roger at the party. I also noticed that a lot of Mcnamee's testimony came upon 2nd and 3rd hand information. Roger never told Mcnamee why he got those bandaids for his bleeding *** after shots... he heard it from someone else.

As far as what was said about Pettite, I am not considering that in my argument. Until Pettite answers Clemens accusations of Pettite possibly misunderstanding what Clemens said. If you noticed in his deposition when asked if his statements were factual, the first time he said "Yes." When asked if he was sure he said "I mean, thats what he told me." That casts a seed of doubt in my mind. If he was 100% certain that what testimony he gave was 100% accurate, he would have without hesitation said Yes.