Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Newbie rearend Question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2008, 08:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question Newbie rearend Question???

so if i get a bare 9inch housing (60inch..do they sell brackets and everything i need for it? seller says he's got axles which i plan on buying....now non member has 3rd member with posi, 31spline,(good price i guess $500.00...so now i know that brakes etc has 2 b mounted.....am i in the right direction 2 save big BUX'S or am i all wet.....help....fbody 01SS...
Old 02-15-2008, 11:04 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one sells the perches, control arm mounts, panhard bar mounts. You could cut the mounts off your 10 bolt and weld them to the new rear, but this is alot of work and you have to get them in the right spot. You can get a Moser housing and axel package for under $1000.00. As far as the 500.00 center, you need to know exactly what is in it. Is it a stock case, N case? Used posi? What gears? There are several threads right now in this section dealing with the same thing. Check those out. They have alot of info.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Red face

Originally Posted by n2ocamaro
No one sells the perches, control arm mounts, panhard bar mounts. You could cut the mounts off your 10 bolt and weld them to the new rear, but this is alot of work and you have to get them in the right spot. You can get a Moser housing and axel package for under $1000.00. As far as the 500.00 center, you need to know exactly what is in it. Is it a stock case, N case? Used posi? What gears? There are several threads right now in this section dealing with the same thing. Check those out. They have alot of info.
the $500. is a detroit locker 31 spline comp 3rd member with 4.56gears will axles from moser fit??????.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:40 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, you can get Moser axels in 31 spline. Just a FYI on the detroit locker. Though it is one of the strongest diffs for the 9", it is kinda "sloppy" in how it engages and disengages. Some have complained about a swaying motion from the rear as it disengages. It is also very noisy too. Like I said before, check out some of the other threads on 9" diffs in this section of the site.