Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Word of Advice...DO NOT BUY FROM WHEELMAX!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 01:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Word of Advice...DO NOT BUY FROM WHEELMAX!!

Hey guys,
I just got off the phone with Wheelmax "customer service" wheelmax.com
Called to place an order for some tires/wheels.

Asked about tire sizes that I already asked about on Friday with them but was checking to see if they had any other brands avail. in that size. When I asked they told me that they dont have any tires in that size. I mentioned that I had talked with someone on Friday and they had the sizes then, why is that different now? He says all cocky, "Well you already know what we have then so why you calling me?"

I say so I didnt call to talk to a smartass and would like to speak to his supervisor, he then tells me to hold on while he gets him, then hangs up.

So I call right back, get someone else...already with an attitude, surely due to each other talking between calls. I ask his name, he says it and I ask to speak to a manager, he said ..what for, I say its not a concern of him and please direct me to the manager on duty. He says why, I tell him due to poor customer service, smart mouth employees and such. He tells me the managers name and that he wont be in until Monday. I ask to speak to the supervisor on duty, he tells me there is not one. So I ask if him and the other guy are the only ones working for a multimillion dollar company on the weekend...he says yeah.

I tell him I find that hard to believe and he is like "look Dog...why you gotta be an *******" goes on and on and tells me what a ***** I am and a f*cking ******* and threatens me and such. I tell him that I hope he is being recorded and he will be fired on Monday along with his buddy, he says I dont give a F*ck A$$hole! I tell him what a telephone toughguy he is and he proceeds to tell me the address...of work not his house and that he drives ***** car. I hang up.

Just a heads up guys. I plan on calling them Monday to get them both fired hopefully...and regretfully will not be purchasing wheels from them that I need.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Sorry to hear. Reminds me of Dave Chappelle's Pop Copy episode...
Old 02-16-2008, 02:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow Sorry to hear that
I had no problems with them when I purchased my wheels 2 yrs ago.
Personally I didn't get tires from them I just went through Tirerack.
Old 02-16-2008, 02:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

shoot the company a link to this thread so they can see that their customer service is going far beyond just you and that its getting out to millions of ls1techers
Old 02-16-2008, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, they sound like a couple of Jacka**es that need to fired... Sorry to hear about that...
Old 02-16-2008, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I plan on calling on MOnday and speaking to the GM. I will direct this thread to him as well.
Old 02-16-2008, 03:49 PM
Teching In

Also don't forget that Monday is a holiday? They might have a 3 day weekend and wont be back until Tuesday? Let me know how it goes due to I was about to call today to order my wheels?
Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Hopefully Lots of people read this...It would be good if it was a sticky till resolved. I hate having people give money to companies like this. Unless the manager offers something outrageous which I doubt, I will go elsewhere. My main goal is to get those bafoons fired at this point, that and alert others as to avoid hassle in thier dealings.
Old 02-16-2008, 07:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that. just stick with TOMZWHEELS!!
Old 02-16-2008, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^ Amen to that! Tomzwheels is amazing. They have awesome prices and when I called and talked to a woman there to order just one 17x11 ZR1 rim she was extremely nice and had nothing but a positive attitude towards me even though I wasn't spending that much.
Now thats great customer service.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

try this number, it isn't the sales department

1 305 259 0217
Old 02-16-2008, 08:54 PM
12 Second Club

erally sux u had to be treated that way. hopefully u get taken care of with better attitudes next time. I think monday is a federal holiday so chances they could be open ....
Old 02-16-2008, 09:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I would use Tomz but he doesent carry any of the 3 brands I am looking at.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 PM
On The Tree

I have had my wheels/tires for oh.. 2mons now maybe?
They came from Wheelmax and I hadent had 1 problem w/them.

I dealt w/Tony while going through them.
Old 02-16-2008, 10:32 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LOHRTBT
I plan on calling on MOnday and speaking to the GM. I will direct this thread to him as well.
Hopefully you aren't this naive. Most of these wheel shops consist of 2-3 dudes working in a little warehouse. Most of them do not have "managers" or "GMs" like larger corporations. Those guys you spoke to probably ARE the "managers", so you are just wasting your time.

Just use site sponsors like Tomzwheels instead!
Old 02-16-2008, 11:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dunno about that, I'm sure he would be able to get in touch with some manager even if he has to call corporate. Let us know what happens on Monday.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:00 AM
TECH Regular

****... I wanted wheels from them too.

I called a few days ago and everything seemed good. THey had good customer service.
Old 02-17-2008, 12:12 AM
TECH Regular

i would jsut get the exact specifications of what you need and have a shop order them from you that way if you get a flat they will fix it for free.......dude i work on the phone a good part of my day in collections for a big wireless company and that is totally unacceptable.....you probablyy are not going to be able to reach anyone really because theses wheel companies, outsource there customer service, i would call back and ask them for a manager after a few weeks again..when they ask why tell them that you want to tell them how much of a great experince you had with a customer service rep..then they will get you somone or ask if they have a po box for their executive office, when they ask why tell them the same thing........thats how you get them.......dude once i said **** on the phone after speaking with a accounts receivable for a division of a toyota dealer after he hung up......call was monitored and i almost was fired....put on a final the next day
Old 02-17-2008, 01:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 02TransAm/Batmobile
I dunno about that, I'm sure he would be able to get in touch with some manager even if he has to call corporate. Let us know what happens on Monday.
I'd make bet that Tony is right on this one!!!!!!!!!!

Those 3 guys are the "managers" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-17-2008, 03:04 AM
Teching In

look up wheelmax in google and you'll find some really trashy stuff bout em. I was interested in their wheels as well but after reading reviews of them from other forums. You get what you pay for in this case.

jason