Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Has Scott from Driveline Solutions Died?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 03:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has Scott from Driveline Solutions Died?

Well I spend over 2k with him little less than a year ago. And now the rear is leaking from behind my rotors. I have called him a dozen or so times over the past two weeks, both his cell and landline phones. He has yet to make any attempt to call me back, and therefore I must figure he must be dead. Because when I called and wanted to spend money with him, he would quickly return my calls and answer his phone.

Anyways after talking with Moser, apparently a few 10 dollars part can fix my problem. But they refuse to give the parts directly to me, they need Scott to contact them. If Scott would contact them, apparently, they would give him the parts for free which he would then be able to send to me. Nonetheless I do not appreciate, getting zero support from Scott when this rear should not be leaking in the first place.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
Well I spend over 2k with him little less than a year ago. And now the rear is leaking from behind my rotors. I have called him a dozen or so times over the past two weeks, both his cell and landline phones. He has yet to make any attempt to call me back, and therefore I must figure he must be dead. Because when I called and wanted to spend money with him, he would quickly return my calls and answer his phone.

Anyways after talking with Moser, apparently a few 10 dollars part can fix my problem. But they refuse to give the parts directly to me, they need Scott to contact them. If Scott would contact them, apparently, they would give him the parts for free which he would then be able to send to me. Nonetheless I do not appreciate, getting zero support from Scott when this rear should not be leaking in the first place.
He's a total pain in the *** to get ahold of. I got ahold of him through PM, might want to give that a try.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:07 PM
TECH Resident

He's a total pain in the *** to get ahold of. I got ahold of him through PM, might want to give that a try.
Well if he will not answer his phone(s), I am not sure how much difference it is to send him a message here. But I will try. Its sad cause even Moser commented about his lack of support for his past customers.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:14 PM
Banned

Call from a different number and say you want to buy, when you get him on the phone rip him a new one.
Old 02-16-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Resident

Call from a different number and say you want to buy, when you get him on the phone rip him a new one.
From his act of ignoring my phone calls and messages, I would assume he would simply hang up.
Old 02-16-2008, 05:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

man just go spend $8 on axle seals and fix it

you could have fixed it in the time it took you to think about writing this thread
Old 02-16-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Resident

man just go spend $8 on axle seals and fix it

you could have fixed it in the time it took you to think about writing this thread
thanks for the advice, but spending an afternoon/day fixing this, is often time I do not have. But I understand I will have to make the time soon. Hoping to wait until Spring Break.

Anyways if I spent 2500 with your company I would hope you would treat me or any other customers better
Old 02-16-2008, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

I had prob lems reaching scott as well after i dropped 3k, i gave up a few months ago, order didnt come out right but i needed my car rolling. Good pricing but **** service
Old 02-16-2008, 11:45 PM
TECH Resident

I had prob lems reaching scott as well after i dropped 3k, i gave up a few months ago, order didnt come out right but i needed my car rolling. Good pricing but **** service
What happen with your rear end exactly? As far as my situation goes, I learned after speaking with Moser is that they supply the axle seals to these rear end builders and many times they simply do not install them. Then once the rear begins to break in, it will begin to leak.

By the way anyone know the part description or number for Moser 12 bolt axle seals? Moser said it was a Ford part I believe from the 70s?

Also I need the part number/description for the cover gasket, apparently I did a shitty job last time and its slowly leaking
Old 02-17-2008, 07:41 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It appears he has been getting a real bad rap recently, if he is this hard to contact imagine how long it would take to get the parts even if he agreed to provide them. Go buy some new seals.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:37 AM
TECH Resident

It appears he has been getting a real bad rap recently, if he is this hard to contact imagine how long it would take to get the parts even if he agreed to provide them. Go buy some new seals.
I figure thats what I will be doing? Whats the part I should ask for at oreillys or autozone?
Old 02-17-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Well I would pull the axles out remove the seals and take one with you, they can cross referance the # on the seal and get you new ones, what rear do you have 9" or 12bolt?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:52 AM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Thumbs down

Here's my experience with Scott at DLS:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...158&highlight=

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...476&highlight=

Good luck....
Old 02-18-2008, 07:46 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude I promise your not the first guy to have leaky axle bearings from a aftermarket rear. Just go buy some new ones & take a weekend to replace them. It's just one of those things you have to deal with every so often with a modified car. Some people get lucky & don't have to replace the bearings for several years & some people have them start leaking sooner.
Old 02-18-2008, 08:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by kny3twalker
I figure thats what I will be doing? Whats the part I should ask for at oreillys or autozone?
Ask for Chicago Rawhide part # 15141. You will need an oversized socket or piece of tubing to drive the seal into the housing end. I would use some permatex around the outside case of the seal, and the spring goes toward the differenetial (flat side facing you). Drive it in until it seats in the bottom of the housing end. I would also check your bearings to make sure there is not also excessive side play, heavy side loads like driving on the street with a spool, drifting or hitting a curb will cause these bearings to fail prematurely. I hope this helps.
Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 AM
TECH Resident

Since I am bringing up problems with my rear, I have a terrible vibration during deceleration that started when I put this rear in. I have been thinking it was my rear rotors but could it be related to the rear in any way? It only seems to happen when braking from 50 or above as well.

also thanks for answering this question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kny3twalker View Post
Ask for Chicago Rawhide part # 15141. You will need an oversized socket or piece of tubing to drive the seal into the housing end. I would use some permatex around the outside case of the seal, and the spring goes toward the differenetial (flat side facing you). Drive it in until it seats in the bottom of the housing end. I would also check your bearings to make sure there is not also excessive side play, heavy side loads like driving on the street with a spool, drifting or hitting a curb will cause these bearings to fail prematurely. I hope this helps.
just one question though, when you say I need an oversized socket or piece of tubing, you mean something roughly the same size as the seal itself, correct?
Old 02-18-2008, 10:44 AM
TECH Resident

I just wish he would offer more support to his customers, I do not think thats too much to ask

and how has your situation ended up?
Old 02-18-2008, 01:37 PM
Staging Lane

scott seems to be screwing everyone over. Back in november scott was suppose to send out a center section that cost me $1500. I havent got **** besides bs excuses. Scott basically stole my money. He doesnt even contact me to tell me anything.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

I would definitely file a dispute with my Credit card company if I was you

and wanted to restate my question:
I have a terrible vibration during deceleration that started when I put this rear in. I have been thinking it was my rear rotors but could it be related to the rear in any way? It only seems to happen when braking from 50 or above as well.
Old 02-18-2008, 03:31 PM
10 Second Club

i had the same problem with my 9" when i first installed it,, the bearings they supply are supposed to be sealed (so in theory they dont need axle seals) but after some time the gear lube will leak through them

just pull the axles out and put in some axle seals in the tubes, i went to napa or carquest and got them for a 1979 f150 with a 9" rear end and they fit perfect, not a leak after that