Tonight?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 05:57 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tonight?

Yeah, this is probably a worthless question, as I know it is raining..but I'm bored out of my mind and therefore just thought i'd try a shot in the dark.

What's going on tonight?

I'm assuming Kemah's off, due to the rain.

But is there anything fun to do or places to go tonight?

Or heck, are there any movies out that y'all would recommend?

The Mr. and I have been cooped up most of the day, so getting out of the apartment would be awesome!

Shot in the dark, I know..
Old 02-16-2008, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

i doubt anything going on. but i reccomend going to see jumper and meet the spartans. think you will enjoy it. check out www.starcinemagrill.net
Old 02-16-2008, 06:05 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Jumper was a good movie. Main Event place would be cool, and there's a Vette/Chevy show & Gun show downtown at the George R Brown.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
i doubt anything going on. but i reccomend going to see jumper and meet the spartans. think you will enjoy it. check out www.starcinemagrill.net
Ah yes I've thought about seeing Jumper. I didn't know it was already out!! Cool beans!

How are you feeling, btw? Meds hopefully making the pain a lot less?

Bleh. We used to go to this website and watch movies for free, even new ones, but I guess the government finally found it and have decided to give them the lol.

Yeah maybe a movie will work. Where is that star place? I've heard of it and I think i've seen it..somewhere off 45? I don't know all the areas of town yet, so I could be way off with that assumption. Plus, 45 is a large highway lol. I think it was in the Clear Lake area? Or LC/Webster?

Thanks for the info, Joe!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by CRAGER
Jumper was a good movie. Main Event place would be cool, and there's a Vette/Chevy show & Gun show downtown at the George R Brown.

Peace,
Craig.
How is Main Event? Is it really packed? I've wanted to go but so far have yet to motivate myself that far lol. And are the games decent? Or is is basically ChuckECheese minus the creepy guys in animal suits?

Ty for the intel, Crager!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Staging Lane

Like the Coen brothers? (Raising Arizona, Oh Brother,Where Art Thou?) check out No Country for Old Men. .... Bowling maybe?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigPapi61
Like the Coen brothers? (Raising Arizona, Oh Brother,Where Art Thou?) check out No Country for Old Men. .... Bowling maybe?
Dude! I haven't been bowling since I was a little girl. That would be kind of cool.

Yay, I may actually find something to keep my bored *** entertained tonight!

TY yall!

What is everyone else doing tonight? Are we all being lazy, watching tv/movies? lol

Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by MissTransAm
How is Main Event? Is it really packed? I've wanted to go but so far have yet to motivate myself that far lol. And are the games decent? Or is is basically ChuckECheese minus the creepy guys in animal suits?

Ty for the intel, Crager!
OMFG! ...creepy guys in animal suits? Thats funny right there!!! lol

I have yet to venture into Main Event, if it's anything like Jullians (sp) then I guess it's "ok." Nothing to write home about. Probably crowded with kids I bet though.

Starcinemagrill is on I45 & Nasa Rd 1, on the Northeast part of the intersection. Right next to Guitar Center. That place and Alamo Drafthouse are the only places I go to watch a movie. It has a bar so only 18+ which means no under-age kids and no kids at all below 6 years old are allowed.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:18 PM
TECH Addict

Ah yes I've thought about seeing Jumper. I didn't know it was already out!! Cool beans!

How are you feeling, btw? Meds hopefully making the pain a lot less?

Bleh. We used to go to this website and watch movies for free, even new ones, but I guess the government finally found it and have decided to give them the lol.

Yeah maybe a movie will work. Where is that star place? I've heard of it and I think i've seen it..somewhere off 45? I don't know all the areas of town yet, so I could be way off with that assumption. Plus, 45 is a large highway lol. I think it was in the Clear Lake area? Or LC/Webster?

Thanks for the info, Joe!
the theater is off i45 @ nasa rd 1 in the guitar center shopping strip. oh yea the meds. they work but walking or even standing up is a painfull process. so im stuck here at the computer.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:21 PM

Exclamation

Originally Posted by ex-SS-ve
...oh yea the meds. they work but walking or even standing up is a painfull process. so im stuck here at the computer.
You lie! You just got back from mountain bike riding, you said that you liked that path that was all rocks! j/k

Peace,
Craig.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

main event is kinda lame... overpriced imo and its more of a place for a kids birthday party. Me and the lady went there to waste some time before.. probably wont go back.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll probably head out to Bluebeard's or another place like that to try and win more money for the tire fund.
Old 02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

jumper was a good movie. im bored tonight and i need to go somewhere lol any good films other then jumper out?
Old 02-16-2008, 06:39 PM
Teching In

Dude! I haven't been bowling since I was a little girl. That would be kind of cool.

Yay, I may actually find something to keep my bored *** entertained tonight!

TY yall!

What is everyone else doing tonight? Are we all being lazy, watching tv/movies? lol

Bowling is always good on rainy days... Im not sure where your at MissTA... I know that houston has two tavern/movie theater combos... Alamo drafthouse and ...um can't remember the one on the north side off of richie road and I-45N. Oh well you get the idea... I like those because no of the fact that it is an establishment that serves alcohol there are no screaming kiddos to ruin your film.

There is also Dave & Busters (indoor arcade), do they have indoor miniature golf here in TX... had that in WI and Jersey, (they kinda got cold in the winter time).

As for what I'm doing tonight... currently we are at the shop wrenching on the LX coupe installing the front end of the fuel lines... then perhaps we will get to my fox and do put the lowering kit on her next it was my V-day present from Jay. We'll see. After that not sure.... I might be able to talk the SO (significant other) into going to the drafthouse for dinner, beer and a movie!
Old 02-16-2008, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sunday driver
Bowling is always good on rainy days... Im not sure where your at MissTA... I know that houston has two tavern/movie theater combos... Alamo drafthouse and ...um can't remember the one on the north side off of richie road and I-45N. Oh well you get the idea... I like those because no of the fact that it is an establishment that serves alcohol there are no screaming kiddos to ruin your film.

There is also Dave & Busters (indoor arcade), do they have indoor miniature golf here in TX... had that in WI and Jersey, (they kinda got cold in the winter time).

As for what I'm doing tonight... currently we are at the shop wrenching on the LX coupe installing the front end of the fuel lines... then perhaps we will get to my fox and do put the lowering kit on her next it was my V-day present from Jay. We'll see. After that not sure.... I might be able to talk the SO (significant other) into going to the drafthouse for dinner, beer and a movie!

where is there still arcades in houston? i havent seen one in yrs.
im a arcade game junkie,
any one remember the sf/sf2 tourney at astroworld?
i was there.
i miss arcades, simpler times for me.
i usually like to go to the dollar movies on vet. memorial/1960
thats the last old school type movies theatre that i know of thats still around in houston, ive seen avp2, american gangster, re3, rush hour 3, all at the dollar movies, i dont go there because im cheep, i just feel like it reminds me of the movie theatre that used to be across from gulfgate mall.
good times
Old 02-16-2008, 07:01 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NemeSS
where is there still arcades in houston? i havent seen one in yrs.
im a arcade game junkie,
any one remember the sf/sf2 tourney at astroworld?
i was there.
i miss arcades, simpler times for me.
i usually like to go to the dollar movies on vet. memorial/1960
thats the last old school type movies theatre that i know of thats still around in houston, ive seen avp2, american gangster, re3, rush hour 3, all at the dollar movies, i dont go there because im cheep, i just feel like it reminds me of the movie theatre that used to be across from gulfgate mall.
good times
I know there is an arcade in the greenspoint mall (greens road and I45N) I walk through it to get to the food court during the week when I go out with the fellas from work for lunch. That place is certainly old skool, not sure how it stays in business... I tell the engineers that go to lunch with me that I swear the place is just a front for the sindicate to launder money, there is never anyone in there when we are there.

Here is the link to Dave & Busters:
http://www.daveandbusters.com/Locations/default.aspx

There are two in H-town... 1 off of richmond and the other near the katy freeway.

Ciao!
Old 02-16-2008, 07:06 PM
Launching!

Wouldnt you folks consider Dave and Busters a little more for the over 25 + crowd and Julianns for the lesser of age? I havent been there in over two years but maybe it has changed.

In door racing, about 8 years ago there was this "adult" style racing go kart thing near South 59 / Chimney Rock, if anybody know's what i'm talking about maybe it still exists? That was a fun thing to do.

Also there is a "Alamo Drafthouse" type business new off of 249 for you Northside or Southside drifting folks. I think the name of it is "ITZ". It is right next door to the ice skating rink.