Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy around

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 06:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy around

Well, kinda. I've been around for awhile on an old screen name. Never posted though, just lurked. I now have a 96 Trans Am WS6. I bought it off ebay back in August when I was in Iraq. Finally got home to it in January. Already fixed the headlight issue with the metal gear. Threw some exhaust on it. It's in the shop right now getting a new distributor assembly, plugs, and wires. I can't decide to go with the Hurts billet or competition shifter, if anyone has any input about that toss it my way, please. It's getting the clear corners once I get it out too, I'll figure out how to do that when I get it back. Anyway, just wanted to say what's up.
Old 02-16-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Resident

whats up brother. i just got out of the army down at ft. hood. well welcome to the world of posting. haha. about the shifter. i have had both the stock hurst and b&m shifter. i went back to the stock hurst shifter with a short stick. i like it a lot better. well good luck with everything man.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks bro. I was looking at a B&M till I talked to my buddy in Germany that just bought an 01 vette and did a lot of research into both shifters. He said hurst was the way to go, so now I just have to look at billet or competition cuz I found both for about the same price.

What unit were you with?
Old 02-16-2008, 09:17 PM
TECH Resident

i was with the 36th eng bgde. its a non divisional unit. what about you.
Old 02-16-2008, 09:41 PM
Staging Lane

I met a few guys from that unit at the concealed handgun class I took last month. They were in Iraq the same time we were. I'm an grunt in 1st Cav. Just reenlisted while we were deployed.