Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from Kentucky

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 12:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from Kentucky

Hey all , picking up my first LS1 powered auto this week. But i have to decide which one i want..lol..Choices are..2002 WS6 Automatic or 2000 T/A 6 speed..02 has 42k miles and 00 has 51k miles..both are black. I love the ws6 look but i want the manual and i need a ride like now..sold my stang ahead of schudele...any suggestions welcome, also i dont plan on heavily modding the car just maybe lid and exhaust..
Old 02-17-2008, 06:08 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong with either, but I vote 02 ws6 all the way. I prefer the auto because it is more consistant at the track and if you add a high stall torque converter, it becomes a different animal. Another plus is the 02 has the ls6 intake, which will give you some more horses and will save you money in the long run if you decided to upgrade from the ls1 intake. The ws6 also has a slightly better suspension.

The advantages of the manual is better mpg (If you don't have a lead foot) and the fun factor of shifting. It all comes down to your preference and the difference in cost. Good luck.

Lastly, I too thought that I was only going to add the basic bolt ons, but beware it becomes very addicting. You will soon crave more power.